Teen Health Community

Pain on rib cage

HI i have been having pain right under my right breast right on my upper ribs If i lift my arm up or move a certain way it will hurt. also to touch it hurts like pushing on a bad bruise. this pain has stayed for a week or two then will stop then will come back again in 6 weeks or so. I also had breast implants a year ago so not sure if it has something to do with that? Any advice would be appreciated.
I'd make a doctor's appointment. There are a number of possible causes, but you need to to be seen by your doctor. It could be an infection from the breast implant, a 'bruised' rib from injury, or something else.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?