Teen Health Community

Paranoid while sleeping

So I have had this major problem for about 1-2 years now that when I try to fall asleep I think about scary stuff. I don't do it on purpose and literely in my mind I have to fight off whatever I think about.
BUT WAIT! That is not the only problem I have, every time I turn around to face the wall with my face I feel like somebody is standing right next to my bed, I occasionally feel something on my should which scares the living **** out of me. Sometimes I even hear voices!

I am 14 years old, I just want to know if I suffer from paranoia, I do not watch horror movies nor do I watch thrillers I just watch movies like Transformers, not that scary etc.

Every night before I go to bed I watch about 15 minutes of a movie before I turn the lights out.

Please anyone help.
If you know what you are talking about and need more information please e-mail me at:
victor.***@**** and will much appreciate anybody who could help me :)
Hi!
Well, you either have paronia or you have a phobia—like phobia of staying alone. In this case a person has irrational fear when he/she is alone in a room. In both the cases you need to consult a psychiatrist and get counseling and maybe some medication. Behavior therapies will help overcome the fears.
The other possibility is that you have insomnia. Physical and emotional stress, depression and too much intake of caffeine during the day could also be a cause. Hence cut down on coffee if you take this, try and go for brisk walks in the evening, avoid sleeping during the day, and take a warm glass of milk at bed time. Try yoga, it helps. See if these tips help you. Other causes of insomnia include , allergies, asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, arthritis, hyperthyroidism, and sleep apnea. You should ideally consult an internal medicine specialist and a sleep specialist for this. If no cause is found then some counseling may help.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?