Teen Health Community

breast cancer???

hi im a 16 year old female and when i was getting ready to take a shower i noticed both of my breasts have a pinkish red spot to the side of the nipple. also last week, my nipples started burning so bad that i had to rub vasoline on them to soothe the pain. ive always had small breasts, barely a b cup, so could my breasts just be growing? or do you think its something else, maybe cancer?! i also started my period this morning but i have never had any symptoms more than slight cramping for my period. is this something i should worry about???
It sounds like it could be "growing pains" as you develop in these areas.  Do you have an older sister that you could question or is your mother available?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?