Green tea

Is green tea dangerous to the thyroid?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Don't think so; who told you it might be?
i've been researching and i came across a few posts
COMMUNITY LEADER
anything we should all know about?  Green tea is a favorite of mine........
A bazillion Chinese and Japanese have been drinking it for centuries, so it must be good!

There is no evidence to suggest it is harmful to thyroid. If anything it is a great calming drink, helps with feeling full after a meal, hence why the Asians use it after a meal, not many fat Asians till they get on a western diet!

So drink up! It's all good!
It has SEVERAL benefits, however if you are hyper ( i think i remember you to be hyper) it can raise your pulse a little bit. I've had a few hyper friends say they can't take green tea. Those who are ultra sensitive to the smallest amt of caffeine have reported they felt an increase in pulse, but then again, these same ppl are hyperstimulated by a half a can of pepsi. I have graves, and green tea  hasn't given me any problems. Now if I can just start remembering to take it on a daily basis lol.
My wife has been. Told that she has thyroid problem. An graves looking for some more answers at nothing. Like research

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community