A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.2k Members

Hypothyroidism

Hi,
hypothyroid was diagnosed 4 years back when i all of a sudden gained lot of weight. I am on thyroxine100 on weekdays & 125 on weekends.
Two & half months back I had a viral fever which lasted for 10-15 days then again it got relapsed after 2 months & lasted for 5-6 days followed by a acute cough & cold when again I am having fever at times around 99 or 99.5. I was on Oflox200 & Ibuprofen.Its already been a week and I have lost 2-3 Kgs in these two & a half months.
I have been prone to cold and cough since childhood.
Very rarely I had fever in my life so far only these months I got.
My TSH was .33 & T3,T4 were within range.
No family history of Thyroid disorders.
I am getting scared now what should I do. Pl suggest.
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
It's not enough to say "T3 and T4 were within range"....... can you tell of if those are Free T3 and Free T4 or if they are Total T3 and Total T4?  There is a difference; total free's are considered obsolete and of very little value.  In addition,  the ranges are very broad, so even though you fall within the normal range, that may not be normal for you.  Could you please tell us if they are free or total, and post the results, along with the reference ranges,  as these vary from lab to lab, so must come from your own report.

In addition, do you know if you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?  Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system produces thyroid antibodies that attack and eventually destroy the thyroid.  

If your immune system is not functioning properly, it will be harder for you to recover from things such as this.

Please post the information regarding your T3 and T4 - maybe you are losing weight because you are over medicated; but we can't know that without knowing your actual levels.  
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child