Thyroid Disorders Community

Need help with interpreting lab results TSH, fT3, fT4, anty-TPO, anty-TG

I just got my lab results.
fT3     4.23   pmol/l  (norm 3.13-6.76)

fT4   16.39   pmol/l  (norm 12.0-22.0)

TSH  1.87  mlU/l  (norm 0.27-4.20)

anty-TG 11.3 IU/ml   (norm <115)

anty-TPO 9.13  IU/ml  (norm <34)

I sleep a lot, my mood is down, am anxious, have low blood pressure, pulse circa 60, am sensitive to cold more than anyone I know. Can this be related to thyroid? Results seem in norm. Please help
From your symptoms and your test results I'd say that it is most likely central hypothyroidism, which is a dysfunction in the hypothalamus/pituitary system resulting in inadequate production of TSH to properly stimulate the thyroid gland.  Even though your FT4 is close to mid-range, your Free T3 is much too low, even though it is within the so-called "normal" range.  Due to the erroneous assumptions used in establishing ranges, test results for FT4 and FT3 in the lower half of their ranges are often associated with being hypothyroid.  

Your FT4 is at 43 % of its range, but your FT3 is only at 30 % of its range.  
The difference in levels indicates that your body is also not converting T4 to T3 very well.  So you are going to need to find a good thyroid doctor tht will treat clinically by testing and adjusting Free T4 and Free T3 as needed to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.  If your doctor is not willing to treat you clinically as described then you are going to have to find one that will do so.  That is not easy to do, since most doctors only pay attention to TSH levels, which doesn't work.  

Also, hypo patients are frequently too low in the ranges for Vitamin D B12 and ferritin, so I recommend getting those tested as well.  D should be about 55-60, B12 in the very upper end of the range, and ferritin should be about 70 minimum.  So if you can get those tested  you can supplement as needed to optimize.