I need some help here , i like to first tell some history and then my question.
In last three years back i diagnosed Hypothyroidism due to positive TPO (ab) , if i remember even before diagnosed to Hypothyroid i have week errection and less morning errection but i always thought it is because of stress or lot of work or weight gain but never took it seriously .
Since last three year the problem is even worst i can get errection but ejaculate within minute or less and worrying too much about my sexual performance which make things worst even more . I have been complaining my doctor headaches/dry skin/loss of muscles mass ,brain fog and muscles and joint pain . Since last three years we have been pointing finger to thyroid and adjusting dose which is also going up and down.I changed many Endo at last , the current endo asked me to do more test, which are hormone test, results are below
Total Testosterone =235 (241-827)
Free Testosterone = 59 (52-99)
LH 3.5 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 1.6 (1.2-18.1)
TSH 1.27 (.6-3.5)
FT4 1.37 (0.6-1.8)
My Endo wanted to MRI to make sure there is no prolactinoma, in MRI it came back with 6mm adenoma . She thinks my testosterone level is low because of high prolactin although it is not significantly high.
I had Neurosurgeon appointment on Friday , he thinks they should repeat prolactin couple of times before start bromocriptine as i have quite of side effects like headaches, all the time dizzy and fatigue.
Jan 09 Test result
Total Testosterone 216 (241-827)
LH 4.4 (1.5-9.3)
FSH 2.2 (1.4-18.1)
Free testosterone is waiting
Prolactin 0.2 (3-18)
According to my neuro if prolactin dropped down significantly that means no prolactinoma , and it was slightly elevated because of stress as it s a stress hormone also.
Now question is why my testosterone is low which is still unanswered , i have endo appointment on Monday but i like to do my own research before i go to him , My questions are below.
1. Is testosterone level low can be because of prolactin and when prolactin went down using drug , does it longer to have testosterone to go up ?
2. My testosterone level can be reason of shrink testes and penis size in width and length ?
3. Is low testosterone can be the reason of following symptoms , muscles mass loss , muscles pain/joint pain and fatigue and last of concentration and low sexual libido and mood swing.
4. I have one daughter and my wife wants more kids , does testosterone therapy is advisible ? if not what could be the treatment .
5. How long will treatment take to improve quality of life and give me sexual life back
6. Can be possible my Free T3/T4 are in mid normal , can be reason for those symptoms , should i ask my Endo to increase my levoxyl or start little bit of T3 , any experience in this side ?