Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

sore neck, tremor, etc.

I have had early in the mornings sore neck muscles, palpitation, tremor and sweating. I have no sweating during daytime. I don't know whether these are due to overmedication (Thyroid Erfa) or undermedication. I am hypercalcemic. The neck muscles are also weak and stiff when I have those other symptoms. Ihave also a slightly enlarged lymph nodule(?) in the neck. The parathyroids were not seen in MRI scannin for parathyroids. I have a lung tumour (not specified what it is).

Yesterday I saw a neurologist. He prescribed a MRI of the neck region of the vertebral column. The neurological tests were normal. I think these symptoms may result from inflammation of the muscles or from some internal medicine problem.

Do you think these symptoms are from thyroid overmedication? My free T3 is about 5,3 (upper limit 7,1)
I also have the sore neck and pain in the mornings,infact it wakes me up but I also have headaches with mine.I sweat thru out the day and have the heart palpitations but I am hypo but with now symptons of hyper Hmmm right! So I go in today for an MRI and on Tuesday for an ultra sound of my Thyroid so we will see whats up. I was on Levothroxin and have been changed to Synthroid, I will say that I had these befor I even knew I had a thyroid problem so I was wondering if you had yours before of after starting your meds?
I have started thyroid medication 4,5 years ago. First I had Thyroxine, then Armour Thyroid and now Thyroid Erfa. I do no more remember my symptoms before the medication. I had lots of them. I have had cysts in my thyroid (growing and shrinking in size, the largest one was 28 mm a couple of years ago, now maybe no larger than 6 or 8 mm). My TSH is far below 0, but I think my daily Thyroid dose (2,25-2,5 pills) is OK. Should I increase the dose for autumn and winter?
This may be from an overactive thyroid gland. Another possibility is a magnesium deficiency which lists all your symptoms.
How can my thyroid be overactive if my TSH is 0.018 or so and my free T3 is within the limits. I take every now and then magnesium for my leg cramps. Doctors do not admit that magnecium deficiency can exist.
TSH of 0.018 can be indicative of hypER or overmedication.  Rememer, TSH is counterintuitive...the higher it is, the closer you get to hypO, the lower it is to hypER.  Reference range for TSH is 0.3-3.0, so yours is distinctly below range...in hyper territory.  However, please be aware that many factors, including the meds taken, can suppress TSH, and it often becomes an unreliable indicator of thyroid status.  FREE T3 and FREE T4 are much more important for determining meds adjustments.  Just because we are "in range" does not mean we will feel well.  I might feel well low in the range, and you might have to be high in the range.  

Do you have recent thyroid labs to post?  If so, please do along with reference ranges, which vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.
My recent laboratory results were: TSH 0.023 (ref. 0.3-4.2), free T4V 13.3 (ref. 12-22), free T3V 5.3 (2.8-7.1) August 10, 2011. The Thgyroid Erfa medication lowers TSH. Last year, when my daily dose and thyroid hormones were higher than now, I felt very good. At the present time I feel quite well for most of the day but have occasional symptoms. Could overmedication cause only occasional symptoms?