Traumatic Brain Injury Community

My daughter pulled a chair, desk and 4 books on top of her head.

My daughter pulled a desk, chair and 4 books on top of her head this morning at school. she became dizzy and spoke odd. Her schools nurse called me and requested that I pick her up due to the change in speech (they know her pretty good there and knew there was a difference) My husband retrieved her and also thought she was a little rattled kind of like she was drugged up he said. By the time they got to the house she was feeling and acting more like her self. She says she has a bit of a head ache but, she is doing her missed work and home work, so she must be thinking pretty good. I called her Doctors office and they suggested the ER in case she needed a CT scan. I don't know she seems to be fine I just think she was a little rattled by the event. Do you think I need to have her looked at?
Hi there.

What happened is really unusual.  From what you have described, it may be possible that she sustained a head injury, or she may have an undiscovered cardiac or lung finding that would make her fatigue easily.  Another possibility is that of an atypical seizure that can also present with such symptoms.

I would suggest that you have her evaluated as soon as you are able.  It is best to overdo things in this situation rather than be complacent.  There is no telling what can happen the next time a similar situation occurs.

Regards and God bless.