Hello, My question is the following. A couple of months ago my fiance and I got a cat, the first day I had an allergic reaction immediately, red eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. After she washed the cat I took anti-allergic meds for a some days, after that I stopped the medication and all my symptoms were gone until a week or so ago, my throat it sore, after doing some research online I found out that you can get asthma if you have an allergic reaction to cats, I don't think I have most of the asthma symptoms, but sometimes I feel lack of breath (barely noticeable), nasal congestion and I have a strange feeling every time I breath like if I was breathing cold air.
I would like to know your opinion, after living with the cat for so long, why are the symptoms showing up until now? is that possible? o am I just over reacting to a regular cold? can I become "inmune" to my cat allergy? I appreciate your time and answer.