Bumps on my throat

About a week I ago, I happened to look in the back of my throat and noticed several small bumps.  There is one behind my uvula that is larger than the others.  I have no other symptoms, such as a sore throat or difficulty swallowing.  I don't smoke.  So are these just cause by something like...I don't know.  Post nasal drip?  Or are they something more serious?  
I'm really scared [to the point where I'm having slight panic attacks] that it's some form of cancer.  I have a doctor's appointment, but not for another three weeks.  So it'd be nice to have some idea of as to what they are in the meantime.
Hi there.

These pattern is called "cobblestoning" pattern in the pharyngeal area.  These are indeed most commonly due to post-nasal drip, where nasal secretions tend to gravitate in that area and cause some irritation.  Other causes would include viral infections such as those causing the common cold and pharyngitis.  The appointment with the doctor is welcome, but until then, have adequate rest and avoid exposure to environmental pollutants.

Regards and God bless.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.