Can itchy feet be linked to heart disease
Hi I can call myself a hypochondriac and for many years have believed and still believe i may have heart disease. For the last one week as the weather has become hotter, my feet have become itchy and the itch is really intolerable in the middle of the night when my feet become hot. My question is are itchy feet in any way related to poor blood circulation and heart issues? some one please help!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Not really! Itchy feet are usually related to sweat dermatitis, allergy, eczema, diabetes, hypothyroidism, etc.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
check ur blood sugar level n mail me
by
take care
i was better for a while but now my itch has come back with a vengeance since the weather got hotter. I now stay awake almost all night and keep immersing my feet every hour to control the itch. Have seen two dermatologists; one suggested dermatitis without paying much attention to my symptoms, which are feet getting itchy all over as they become hot. The second one said it's a rare disease called erythromelalgia and that i just have to live with it and keep immersing my feet in water to cool them down. I finally called a dr. friend who's a neuro physician. He is ordering some blood work which will include sugar, thyroid, vitamin b12 and some other tests. He thinks its some sort of nerve dysfunction. My itchy feet are just driving me nuts!!!!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.