29 y/o Male here. So 14 weeks ago I engaged in unprotected, heterosexual drunken sex with a stranger. I have crippling anxiety which has caused me to constantly worry about the possibility of contracting an STI. We only had sex once. Here are my symptoms:
- intermittent pain in penis, in the urethra, not while urinating. Just while sitting at work.
- after urinating it feels like there's a small amount left in the tank that won't empty.
- terrible, day-long headaches about 2 weeks after encounter, that stopped after about 2 weeks.
- pain in my wrists, ankles, & knees, intermittent, changing daily. This symptom is currently the most concerning.
- yellow-ish coating of tongue for about 3 weeks, has since cleared up.
- I had a sore appear on my ankle, just one, it could be a bug bite...
- minor muscle aches in neck, back, & triceps
The kicker is, I had blood work and an urinalysis done at 4 weeks, then again at 12 weeks. All tests came back negative. They even did an ESR test and full CBC (complete blood count) to test for other possible causes or signs of infection, and everything looked normal.
I have become obsessed with checking my symptoms, and every little pain sends me into panic-mode. With all test results negative, do you think I'm in the clear? Could my symptoms be caused by stress? Another thing to mention, is that because of the stress I have been binge-eating at night, and gained nearly 40 pounds since the encounter. I was 190, now I'm nearing 230.
I'm just looking for answers. Thanks for reading.