Avatar universal

Lower abdominal pain

Two weeks back I develooped intense pain on the right side of my abdomen radiating to the back and a very piercing pain around the lower abdomen while passing urine twice in the same day. I was diagnosed as having a slight inflamation in my renal pelvis by the Doc who did a USG and was referred to a urologist for suspected right mid uteric calculus ( I have a history of a renal calculus removal). On further investigations the urologist comfirmed that there is no calculus and said it could be due to a spinal strain as my pain was now radiating from the middle back on both sides and to right side and left sideand down to the centre of the abdomen and to the legs. (I was having difficulty walking)
I was advised rest for a few days and did so for a week. Though I have not experienced the piercing pain ever after thatstill I have some persisting pain in the lower part of the abdomen radiating to the back and legs. The pain is very prominet at the mid back, lower abdomen above the navel on the right side and below the navel and the left side and on both thighs upto calves of the legs. I also feel a pushing pain the the groin while passing urine or motion (bearable pain). I am unable to lie on my stomach or even turn to the left side with even a little pressure on my stomach.
Is this pain due to gas in the stomach or is it something else. Should I meet a doctor and if so what specialist should I meet.
Best Answer
Avatar universal
I would definitely seek a Gastroenterologist (stomach and intestine) or a Gynecologist. There are several things this could be. For instance ovarian cyst, endometriosis (growth of tissue in places other than the uterus). Appendicitis or gallbladder problems. Scar tissue could also be a problem if you had abdominal surgery in the past. I would also be suspect of a uterine prolapse. When you went to the Urologist did he check for a bladder prolapse? If not your Gynecologist can check. Pain has a strange way of radiating to different areas of the body. A back injury is still a possibility but I would check with one of the Physicians I mentioned above before jumping to any conclusions. I'm sorry that your in pain. Hopefully you will find out what's wrong. Good luck!!! :-)
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
definitely go see a doc and get the ct scans
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.