Nerve Issues left side of body, swelling, numbness, tingling for 20+ years
My left thigh went numb 27 years ago during the pregnancy of my first child.  MRI's, XRays, CT Scans, Physical Therapy - NO diagnosis or improvement.  Now it is turned into left hip pain, more tests with no definite results.  Been to spine dr - nothing.  My left leg and foot swells, had spine surgery in 2001, nect surgery with titanium plate - helped shoulder/neck pain, but now there is tinkling in left arm.  Been diagnosed in left eye with histo which Avastin is no longer working.  Not sure if all of these things are related but I have stepped back to say - why is everything on the left side?  Instead of focusing on each area I need to maybe look at the big picture.  Any advise?
Have doctors specifically check for May-Thurner Syndrome (Left Iliac Vein Compression). This is the first thing doctors should have looked for.  It’s not easily seen on scans so it’s often missed but a Pelvic Venogram is the best way to diagnose. I have this condition and that’s the exact problems that it causes. Iliac Vein Compression usually occurs during pregnancy and could cause numbness in the hip. If Compression continues to increase it can cause hip pain and swelling of the Left leg and foot.

Another similar condition to get checked for would be Nutcracker Syndrome (Left Renal Vein Compression). It can cause numbness and tingling in the left arm. Unfortunately most doctors have never heard of either of these conditions so they are rarely diagnosed. I would recommend trying to find a Vascular Surgeon that specializes in these Compression Syndromes. Join a Nutcracker Syndrome or May-Thurner Syndrome group on Facebook. There are lots of very helpful members in these groups. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions.
I have autoimmune pernicious anaemia and interestingly my permanent nerve damage is notably on the left side from cranial nerves to my left arm/fingers. I've had symptoms for decades and had no diagnosis but finally pushed for intrinsic factor antibodies and parietal cell antibodies to confirm my suspicions. It took decades for B12 serum to drop below the range so that lab is clearly inaccurate...and far too low a reference range too!
Hello~I am so sorry you are having this problem. I would highly suggest seeing a chiropractor, the fact that it is traveling to the left arm causes me to think you have pinched nerves the entire length of your spine and it is affecting your left side thus causing the numbness and swelling.

I hope you get the help you need soon. God bless you.