Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Sharp Pain in Groin / Hip - Cancer?

I am a 31 yo female wo has been experiencing very sharp pain in my left groin / inner hip for 4 months.  The pain occurs when I turn my hip inward and it limits my movement.  Recently, I have also developed a tingling sensation in my left foot.  Not sure if these two are related or not.  I had a pelvic MRI 17 months ago for a lump in my left pelvis, which turned out to be nothing.  Would the MRI have picked up anything serious in the hip area?  I have an appointment with an orthopedist set up, but with the tingling foot, I am starting to become worried.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I wonder if your sciatic nerve has become impinged?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Sharp groin and hip pain with limited and painful internal rotation of the thigh along with tingling can be due to several causes (not cancer) such as: osteoarthritis, tendonitis, muscle pull and strain, femoral neck stress fractures, sports hernia or hidden/occult hernia of oblique aponeurosis, or Obturator or ilioinguinal nerve entrapment.
You would need all or any of the following for diagnosis: Clinical examination by an orthopedic specialist, X-rays, blood tests, MRI or ultrasonnography.
MRI of pelvis will not pick up hip pathology unless targeted at that.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!