Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Swollen glands under right side of tongue and chin and it hurts to swallow

It feels like a swelling under the right side of my tongue and when I press on the same point under my chin, kind of where my lymph nodes are it hurts. When I swallow it feels like it's pinching something and sends shooting pains into my neck. No sore throat, coughing or fever and it seems to really be brought on when I eat. I went to a football game Sunday and was screaming my head off and I'm not sure if this is a result of that. Help please?
that could be the reason but maybe you shouls get your tonsils removed
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you probably have is a blocked and infected salivary gland under the tongue. This is causing pain in the surrounding areas too. This will need to be drained. It can also be an infected cyst. Again this would need to be trained.
If it is found to be a swollen lymph node, then it could be due to poor oral hygiene, dental infection or TMJ.
It is difficult to give a confirmed diagnosis without examination. Do discuss this with your doctor, dentist and get an appointment with a Head and Neck doctor if need be. Take care!
I have a swollen gland under my chin on my right side and a swollen gland under my tongue for about a week and a half,it is very painful when i eat and i'm tired of the pain any sugestions i really need help before going to the doctor
A related discussion, help, i am tired of this lump? was started.