Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

TMJ or Lock jaw and slight ear issue not going away

I am traveling in SE Asia so am looking here for some help before I go to a clinic where language will be an issue.
3-4 weeks ago my jaw locked up after scuba diving. I thought it was just due to clenching my jaw while diving. My jaw eventually was able to open later in the days and began jaw exercises to get more mobility. I can chew but still can't close or open my jaw on the left side all the way. The muscle is very tight. I have had a slight ear issue as well and assume they are related.
Is this a bacterial infection in my ear? STD symptom? or simply TMJ/TMD?
Suggestions for next steps? I have some Zmax
Personally I would try using tongue depressors or popsicle sticks. On the left side of your mouth lay them flat and stack them as high as you possible can, until you feel pressure. Once they are in place leave them until you feel your jaw muscles start to relax. You might have to do this a couple of times to get full range of motion.