Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Upper Arm Pain mid arm between the elbow and shoulder

I have been looking everywhere for an answer, maybe someone here can.

About 1 year ago I began having pain in my right upper arm, between the shoulder and elbow, about mid arm where the biceps brachii muscle or brachialis muscle is.
I went to my Primary Physician who said it was a torn brachialis muscle.  Since I was working at a 2nd job, I thought it might be job related so I went through the whole Workman's Comp issue.  They sent me to 4 doctors who did nothing for me, finally the case was settled and my lawyer got most of the money, but I still have the pain.  It is an extreme ache down to the bone, that is unbearable at night.  Even with pain medicine and sleep aides, I get about 2-3 hours a night.  Finally, I went back to my own doctor and asked if he could help me, he said yes.  He sent me for an MRI, and then to an Orthopedic Surgeon.  The Surgeon said the MRI revealed a cyst inside the humerus bone about 1 cm by 5 mm, that would have to be "watched" to see if it grows, if it does, it could weaken the bone, and the slightest mishap could break the bone.  However, he said it could NOT be causing me so much pain.  He checked out my arm and noticed a hard soft tissue knot, and suggested removing it through surgery and it "might" relieve my pain.  So, 3 weeks ago I had the said surgery and it was removed (a hard soft tissue mass about the size of a marble).  No, this was not the cyst inside my humerus bone.  Anyways, I still have the pain, and it is extremely terrible at night (on a scale of 1 to 10, a 20 at night).  I even have the same pain, in the same place, in my left arm, but to a much lesser degree (maybe a 5-7 at night, but bearable).  I have tried many unsuccessful web searches, trying to find something that might lead me to an answer for what this is, so here I am grasping at cyber straws.  I have this incredible pain, that is extremely painful at night, no idea what it is, therefore  no idea how to cure it.  Please, if you have any ideas of where to research, I am definitely open and also AWAKE.  Thank you for your time, consideration, and cooperation in this matter, I deeply appreciate it.
Is then busitits possible for a 86 yr. old patient with pre-diabetis, arthritis and atrial fillibration or is this bicep and shoulder joint pain (left arm) a sympthom of a stroke?
Went to my doctor and she tested me for Lyme disease, and did a sed-rate.  I don't know the results yet. I'll keep updating. She thinks it's most likely just a side effect of the pregnancy. It would be nice if it is temporary and goes away when the baby is born.-
Please keep us updated.  I have the same pain only its from the elbow to the wrist and I am also 4 months pregnant... And I also have a toddler that I pick up... wondering if it could be the cause.
I started with this problem in Jan.  Woke up in the middle of the night with pain in right upper arm and some numbness in fingers.  Woke up every night since with severe pain which eventually started in exact place in left arm.  Saw Dr. after Dr. and was referred to a Physical medicine Dr. who diagnosed me with Carpal Tunnel (thru nerver conduction studies) and recommended I wear wrist braces at night.  After six weeks of unbearable pain, I used the wrist braces and the pain went away the first night almost completely and has been getting better every day.  I recommend this to anyone who has not been able to be diagnosed...you can buy these wrist braces in any pharmacy...good luck...
can't believe i found this site - pain is excruciating at night - i have tried heat tonight i will try ice - desperate for relief - the pain started about 2 weeks - now the pain is there every night -
I have this horrible pain that started in my left shoulder blade.  Now it is in my whole shoulder and my elbows are constantly hurting.  I keep worrying that I have some sort of bone cancer as I don't have move movement in my left shoulder and my elbows are restricting me from picking things up.  I smoke, drink alcohol, which I am sure does not help, but I can't get any relief!  Icy Hot every night, but that does nothing.