Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

mouth ulcers that keep reaccuring

I had the gastric bypass surgery and then 8 months ago I broke out in canker sores in my mouth on my tongue, under my tongue, on my gums, and on my soft pallet of the roof of my mouth and back of my throat.  The pain was so bad I coudn't move my tongue to speak, eat, or drink for a couple days, they lasted six weeks.   Then as I was starting to get my life back I had another breakout, same intensity as the first but it didn't last quite as long.  This has been happening twice a month since then, only now it got worse again.  This flare-up is so intense and it is lasting so long, I'm losing weight, I can't work, does anyone have anything like this happen to them?  The doctors are clueless, they just give medicine to treat the symptoms and are unable to find a diagnosis so I keep up hope someone, somewhere will know something.....Please help, if you have anything similar or any questions or answers please feel free to contact me, thank you.  I aslo have swollen ankles for no apparent reason and my fingers and toes and freezing most of the time.  My nose is also oozing puss and is very painful.  Joint pain and lower back pain accure, increase of headaches, migraines, with spells of not knowing what is happening to me, fear, apprehension, and depression.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are a few possibilities that you must look into—diabetes, hypothyroidism, Vitamin B or C deficiency and anemia. Gastric bypass surgery is known to cause several nutritional deficiencies if you do not monitor your diet properly. Please consult a nutrition specialist regarding the diet you should follow. Try some multivitamin supplements and get your self investigated for the above enumerated possibilities.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!