This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Blood clot/spots on scrotum

On my scrotum I have these blood clots.  This is the best way to describe them.  Sometimes by accident if one gets scratched, profuse bleeding occurs, and it is difficult to stop the bleeding.  I saw a urologist a while back for a different issue and he told me these "spots" were normal.  Can someone please confirm this and tell me what these are and if they are a result from something.  
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
438205 tn?1240962949
These spots are called "angiokeratomas," and are usually of no consequence. They can be seen in an uncommon condition called "Fabry's Disease," which is a disease that affects the storage of glycogen. If they are not bleeding, nothing needs to be done. They can be cauterized to avoid the bleeding.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

"This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not  necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.”
Discussion is closed