Urology Forum

Horseshoe Kidney/Blood in Urine

Posted By Ray on June 05, 1999 at 11:49:17
Several years ago it was discovered that I have a horseshoe kidney. Each urinalysis for the past 10 years has indicated blood in my urine. Is this to be expected with this congential condition? Also, recently, I had a urinary tract infection that was successfully treated with Bactrim DS. This is the first infection I have had in ten years. One additional question, will diuretics such as Bumetanide or Hydrochlorothiazide have a harmful effect with horseshoe kidney? Is a calcium channel blocker, such as Verapamil, acceptable for hypertension with horseshoe kidney?

Follow Ups:

Re: Horseshoe Kidney/Blood in Urine HFHS M.D.-CK 6/08/1999
(0)

Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.