Urology Community

Mild Prominence of Right Pelvicalyceal System - presence of sharp angulation

I'm having pain in my right kidney since last 5 days and today I got my CT-Scan done which seems a bit inconclusive. It sates.

Both kidneys are normal in size, outlines, axis and location.
There is mild prominence of right pelvicalyceal system proximal ureter down to 5.6 cm from right PU junction where presence of a sharp angulation is noticed. This may represent a region of ureteric stricture leading to right obstructive uropathy.
Left pelvicalyceal system and ureter appear unremarkable.
Normal both adrenal glands.
Normal appearance of urinary bladder.

Please suggest me what it is and what to do.
How are you? Aside from the kidney pain, what other symptoms are present? The mild prominence could be due to inflammation or infection while the sharp angulation may be caused by a stricture or narrowing of the ureter which could lead to obstruction. It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Your symptoms and your medical history are important considerations also in the diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.