This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Penis Curves Upward and about 15 degree to Left

I read some post of people who penis curves down.  Mine curves up like a banana.  Pretty much pointing at he sky (points not quite that far though:) when really erect.  I'm 28....and it's always has done this.  Given, I've seen my far share of pornos (which probably is bad for men and women's self esteem because everyone doesn't always look like these "actors"), most men have perfectly straight penises in these videos that point outward 90 degrees from their bodies (I suppose this is one reason why they are chosen for these "parts".)  Is this a common occurrence? Congenital?  The only other guys I've seen in videos with this are oddly European "actors" who are directly from Europe...and are uncircumcised.... I am circumcised though.

My other question is when I am fully erect; it "skews" to the left about 15 degrees.  It is perfectly straight when not erect though.

When it becomes engorged completely it "curves" about 15 degrees left.  The upward pointing was annoying enough but this curve makes it worse.  I read about the periones disease and thought it might be that but my brother and I talked about it once and HIS does the same thing.  It didn't bother him but my brother has a 9" penis!  He was honestly the big man on campus when we went to University.  His biggest complaint from girls was that it looked like it might not fit....
Girls, make cute annoying comments to me about the curve to the left...that don't seem to mind the upward curve...but everyone wants to be "normal".

Well, I'm just making 6" in penis size so, I'm not getting the same trade off he does....Also I know you lose size in these surgeries and I don't want to lose any size.  I'd tolerate both curvatures if I had my brother's size.  I'm also 5'10" in height and he's 6'3" in height....(odd genetics) but is it possible since we both point up and both curve to the left that it is congenital? I've never had the guts to ask my dad if his does the same thing.

I saw a urologist once for what I thought were genital wart (I also mentioned the upward curvature to him) and he said that curving up was not always a bad thing and he smiled.... He didn't elaborate and I was too embarrassed to ask what he meant. I just left the office with alot of questions in my head.  He also said I didn't have wart (which is another issue) but I'm pretty sure that are those flat brown new ones that are kind of an epidemic now....they are almost like moles but disappear at times.

Anyway, What is your opinion on the curvature?  If I need another Urologist...who is the best in the Detroit area? I have HAP health insurance and am part of the Beaumont group...so a Beaumont doctor would help...but I'd pay cash for a doctor who was world famous outside of this group.


Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 1
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
One of the more common causes of penile curvature is Peyronie's disease.  Peyronie's disease, a condition of uncertain cause, is characterized by a plaque, or hard lump, that forms on the penis. The plaque develops on the upper or lower side of the penis in layers containing erectile tissue. It begins as a localized inflammation and can develop into a hardened scar.  In severe cases, the hardened plaque reduces flexibility, causing pain and forcing the penis to bend or arc during erection. In many cases, the pain decreases over time, but the bend in the penis may remain a problem, making sexual intercourse difficult.

Men with Peyronie's disease usually seek medical attention because of painful erections and difficulty with intercourse. Since the cause of the disease and its development are not well understood, doctors treat the disease empirically; that is, they prescribe and continue methods that seem to help. The goal of therapy is to keep the Peyronie's patient sexually active. Providing education about the disease and its course often is all that is required. No strong evidence shows that any treatment other than surgery is effective. Experts usually recommend surgery only in long-term cases in which the disease is stabilized and the deformity prevents intercourse.

A urologist can be found here:

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.

***I will be away and have limited internet access from December 26th to January 4th. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season.***

Take care,
Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed