Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Re: Diabetes and post-Prostatitis questions....

Posted By David on June 08, 1998 at 08:07:57:

In Reply to: Re: Diabetes and post-Prostatitis questions.... posted by HFHS M.D.-SS on June 05, 1998 at 08:59:45:

Dear SS,
>>Thank you for your question. Indeed your problem could be explained by prostatitis and its consequences. Prostatitis requires long term treatment  and often several courses are needed to completely eradicate the problem. In diabetics it even takes longer. However the pain along the leg is concerning. Patients with prostatitis do complain of pain around the perineum and medial aspect of the thigh. If your pain is along the back of the thigh with radiation  to the calf and the foot, it must be evaluated to exclude a pinched nerve. However if you get this symptom only when you get the perineal pain it is probably related to prostatitis. Sometimes prostatic massage and examination of the prostatic secretion help in conclusively proving whether one has prostatitis or not. Even in the absence of  infection one can get prostate pain -- prostatodynia. Overall  prostatitis is a recurring problem, and one may have to take several courses of antibiotics. <<
Just thought I would update you on my progress.  SInce I posted this, the perineal pain has subsided greatly, with only brief episodes of slight pain with no radiation to the calf and foot.  It appears as if my bout of prostatis is  almost completely (knock on wood) resolved--six months later!
Thanks for your response, and take care,
David

0 Responses
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.