Urology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

scrotum stretching

I'm 30.  I've been having a problem where my scrotum seems to be moving to my ***.  There used to be a definite area between my legs, between my scrotum and my ***, but this is no longer there.  This has been a very gradual process.  It started ~1996.  For the first four years, or so, I thought it was just a "older body change" type of thing.  Later, occasional discomfort started in certain standing or sitting positions.  This was ~1998.  I went to a urologist, and he seemed to agree with my impression that it was a "older body change".  I've been to a couple of other urologists, after the discomfort changed to occasional pain.  One thought it was a low-grade infection.  I took some antibiotics, which did not help.  The next one disagreed after testing my urine for infections.  He said he'd seen the symptom in weightlifters.  I do lift weights.  He only suggested Advil.  The situation has continued to get worse.   It seems to get worse whether I have been working out regularly, or not worked out in a long time.

Also, since seeing the last urologist, something has been going on with my inner thighs.  Difficult to describe, but it looks kind of like small strips of muscle have been removed, while the skin has been left.  These seem to have the groin area as a focal point.

Is this going to continue getting worse, more pain, more wierd skin stuff, maybe adding my worst fear, impotence?
1 Responses
233190 tn?1278553401
It is difficult to say for sure without examination.

The symptoms can point to problems with the prostate - specifically any type of prostate enlargement or an infection.

I would check a urethral swab and urine for infection - such as gonorrhea and chlamydia.  A digital exam can be done along with prostatic massage.  Any prostatic fluid can be sent off for culture.

Finally, imaging the prostate should be considered to look for any anatomical abnormalities or abscess.  An ultrasound can be considered to evaluate this.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.