The Weight is Over!!!
Do you want to lose weight? Would you like to do something fun and rewarding? Did you ever want to feel the thrill of success and throw your hands in the air and shout, "Yes, I did it!!!"
Then join us, as together we participate in MedHelp's first 3-week weight loss challenge hosted in the Weight Loss & Dieting Community! This "Believe in Yourself Challenge" is designed to incorporate motivation, healthy eating and moderate exercise with a lively exchange of information, tips, support, friendship and fun and will periodically be featured in this community.
Join hands with new friends, invite your MedHelp friends and/or reach out to family, friends and coworkers not yet familiar with all that MedHelp has to offer. Many people are struggling with weight concerns and there is strength in numbers! Let's challenge ourselves to a mind-blowing weight loss challenge!
Rest assured, these challenges are not a "quick fix" to weight loss. They are brief periods of time where we join together in a concerted effort to increase our motivation and provide additional support in making realistic short-term goals to realize the long-term transition to a healthy lifestyle that incorporates nutritional food choices, moderate exercise and explores our emotional relationship with food.
It's going to be intoxicating stuff! So ... don't miss out; come be a part of this amazing journey!!!
***** CHALLENGE DATES: OCTOBER 6th - OCTOBER 27th, 2008 *****
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE BELIEVE IN YOURSELF CHALLENGE?
1. You need to be a member of MedHelp.
2. You need to be a member of the Weight Loss & Dieting Community.
3. Add Ranaesheart to your friends list. This step is important, as this is the best way to receive the challenge information on a daily basis.
4. This is a 3-week challenge. We recommend that you set a realistic goal of 3-5 pounds for this challenge. At the moment, we do not have a short-term goal tracker so we recommend you continue to update your progress in your long-term Weight Tracker and use your journal to update your short-terms goals as the challenge progresses.
5. We will be making a daily post on exercise, motivation, success stories and occasionally provide you with special personal messages. You can add your daily activity under a post we’ll be making in the community each day that will correspond to the challenge day.
6. If you don’t have a Weight Tracker, please set up your Weight Tracker http://www.medhelp.org/land/track-weight-loss. It
is fairly self-explanatory, but there are also instructions posted in the Health Pages (http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Weight-Loss/How-to-Set-Up-Your-Weight-Tracker/show/459?cid=129
). The Weight Tracker is the most useful tool in our long-term and short-term success. It allows you to post your weight, measurements and specific events. There is also a place to post your exercise and make journal entries regarding your daily activity.
7. We also recommend the use of the Mood Tracker and the Water Consumption Tracker. Since our emotions can trigger an overeating event, this tracker helps us identify what emotions are responsible and learning that correlation helps us identify a plan of action to make other choices. Drinking enough water also helps us with a weight loss program and the Water Consumption Tracker helps make us better aware of what we are really doing.
8. Finally, keeping a food journal is a very useful tool in holding ourselves accountable for what we eat and provides a wealth of information. If anyone has difficulty, it is easier to provide assistance if there is a history of food consumption. For the time being, if you elect to journal your food, please enter this information in your daily journal.