5 hrs medium bleeding 10 days before menunstration

My girl just told me tht she has had bleeding to an extent she had to wear a pad 10 days before her period.she WS bleeding for 5 hrs and then it completely stopped.she had no pain and she doesn't feel anything wrong except the fact tht she bled early and it's not her periods . Is it a problem....and she hasn't had sex at alll...so not any pregnancy stuff !!.
do you mind if i ask how old she is?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  I never personally had this but some women have some bleeding when they ovulate.  I'm not sure about 5 hours of heavy bleeding---  but some women do have some bleeding.  some women have bleeding mid cycle due to hormonal responses to and it is called break through bleeding.  I'm guessing she is too young to be worried about fibroids.  

If she is of a certain age, I'm sure she does an annual pelvic exam and I'd just mention this to her doctor.  

Bleakthrough bleeding midcycle is not unusual though.  goodl uck