Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Canker Sore in Vagina After being sick

I had a really bad cold this week with a fever for about 2 days. The past couple of days I have been wearing really tight thongs and did yoga with tight pants with no underwear on. I thought I might have chaffed myself due to these things. I looked down there recently and noticed 2 symmetrical "canker sore" looking things right where my thong would usually get stuck. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? It's freaking me out a bit.
26 Responses
same thing is happening to me now. did you ever find out what it was?
568659 tn?1256143582
You cant get a canker sore on your vagina. If you have weird bumps on your vagina you need to go get an STD check.
look it up, yes you can, i know what it looks like and its not a bump at all
I had something similar to this recently. I had some irritation after sex with my fiancee, and then got a yeast infection.. One of my lymph nodes in my Pelvis became enlarged and painful..  Later, I got something that looked very similar to a canker sore.. I went strait to my gynocologist after reading horror stories online that this was def. an STD.. I got tested and it turn out it was just a small abrasion and I am totally healthy! You can get these types of sores and it can just be a common infection..
Thanks for the comment. I have had a number of people email me after posting this who also had a similar thing happen to them after being sick. I actually saw my doctor two weeks ago and mentioned it to her and she said that sometimes it happens and not to worry about it. I too knew it wasn't an STD b/c I have always been tested very regularly but of course anything in that area always freaks people out.
i have a sore on my vagina, its very sore and got bigger over night. i have not had sex, but i dont know what it is.. its like a ball thats very sore..someone help me
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.