Confused, 2 weeks late neg, HPT

So, I am 2 weeks late, assuming I did all of my calculations right, and I took a HPT the other day it came back negative. I am not sure whats going on.. I am going to try and schedule a doctors appt, for next week, so I can try to figure out whats going on.. but what do you all think? I am so confused.
How are you? Were you able to see your doctor? Delayed periods may be brought about by hormone changes, illnesses, stress, thyroid issues and gynecological conditions. A repeat home pregnancy test  or serum hcg may help rule out pregnancy. If still negative, however, it is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted. Warm regards.