Endometriosis and sports hernias

Ok...so I was scheduled for surgery this past Friday for to see if my endometriosis had come back.  I had the surgery 7 months ago...so the doctor wasn't sure that it was the endo that was causing my pain, since he had tried all sorts of medications, including depo-provera.  Well in the mean time since I found out I was supposedly having the surgery, my dad found an article about sports hernias in the paper.  Well the symptoms of that sound quite similar to what I am experiencing, and it is quite possible because I play ice hockey.  I asked my doctor at the pre-op appointment, and he had never considered it. I was then sent to see a general surgeon, who didn't really know either, and told me to go ahead with the laparoscopy and then try some medications afterwards.  The next day my gynocologist called and said that he and the other doctor decided not to do the surgery and try the medications first, so now I am taking Lyrica and Celebrex.  Just wondering if anyone knew anything about sports hernias, and how these medications would help if I had one.
there is no medication out there that will take care of the hernia if thats what you have.  the only way to cure a hernia is surgery, the can give you an mri to see if it is a hernia. i never had a sports hernia but i have had umbilical hernias, and endo and they didnt have the same symptoms.... you could also be feeling scar tissue from the last surgery. the only way to really know is surgery
Hey. I have some concerns that sounds like yours. when i was preg with my 2n child, the dr felt and said that i had a hernia. ( close to my belly button) well, never had anything done about it. over the years, idk if it moved or a diff hernia was there. If i were to do the following things it would bring me to my knees praying to GOD  for help.(bending over,stooping down,drying off after showering,sit down, or when im standing straight up fast) i could go on. the top of my skin in this area was dead. i knew i was touching it, but couldnt feel it. ive tried to pinch it and nothing. i think its the spleen, thats at the bottem of the breast bone. move 4 inches left, and as big as 1-2 inches wide. I just had a hystorectomy and the feeling is trying to come back.?? i dont understand. thank you so very much. i need some advice....chelle