Large Lump on Rib below Left Breast

I have a large lump on my rib that is right below my left breast. It is not in my breast but below my breast.I had a tumor removed a year ago in my right breast, which was benign, but this is strange. It is very large and very distinctive. Can you have a tumor on your rib and not in your breast that might be Breast cancer and what do you think it can be. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
you should always get lumbs checked out better safe than sorry
oh gosh please let me know if u find out anything on that lump. I have one just like ur describing and the surgeon who removed a lump from my left breast last yr refused to even acknowledge it being there
-- Is your lump large and right ontop of your rib? I had a tumor removed from my right breast which was benign and this is so different. But I'm going to a Surgeon the 23rd of May  and he's gonna remove it and send it to pathology. I would make sure that you have yours done the same. Take care
What did they find with the lump on your rib? Thanks good luck
Wow your symptoms sound exactly like mine, i had to do a double take to make sure that it wasnt my post. I have a lump on the bottom rib on the left side under my breast. I had it checked out at docs and it feels like bone matter and doesnt move at all it is firmly stuck. I only noticed it since i had my first child. It seems like it could be scar tissue from when i cracked the rib years ago when i had a really bad cough (believe it or not!!). Does this sound similar to yours and do you think i should get it re-checked again?

Keep us posted.

Lou
Hi I have a question, my dr. found a lump on my right breast and ask how long had it been there. and then she said male or female and said i'm sending you to a surgeon. and she nothing else was said about the lump. i should have ask more questions but i think i was in shock. because im only 28. so my question is why is she sending me to a surgeon, should i be concerned? if anyone can help me understand this it would be great!!!

Your doctor wants you to see the surgeon because your doctor most likely feels a surgical biopsy is needed to make the correct diagnosis. Good Luck.
I have similar symptoms...a thickened, hard area on my left second rib just next to the sternum. It isn't painful and it doesn't move, and there's no swelling or redness. Have any of you found out what your rib lumps are from? I am going to the doctor tomorrow but remain freaked out today!
i have also got a simular long lump accros my rib just under my left breast. i can interupt my sleepin as it feels as if im layin on something and the pressure is horrible!!!!!! I have been to docs once but i wudn let her touch it properly coz my ribs are tendor around the side! She sed it was a fatty lump! i dont kno wevva to go to another doctor to have it checked out!
Hi. I have similar problems, but the lump and the pain feels like it is just underneath my left breast.
I went to the breast clinic, and they did a breast examination, and determined that I do not have
breast cancer. For some reason, I don't believe the doctor.
I have had this pain for many months now, and would really like to know what it is. My left breast
has one spot, on the side under my armpit where it hurts. I haven't found a lump, but when I touch
the side of my breast, i feel a hardened area, and it hurts when I push on it.

Anybody has any idea what this could be? I also get the rib pain, and back pain, and only on the left hand side, never on the right.
Hi! I also recently discovered a lump on my rib cage just under my right breast its about the size of a dime.  I plan to  have a follow up with doctor next month because I found a lump in my left breast a couple of months ago.  I had a Mammogram and ultrasound.  They both came back okay just showing thickening in my breast but my breast tissue was really thick and hard to read.  The doctor made me feel like I shouldn't be concerned because i am 31 and no family history of breast cancer, so he discouraged me from seeing a surgeon.  Now since finding lump number two I am concerned I that  I made the wrong choice and I am freaking out!  
I too have a lump that is growing larger and larger on my left number 5&6 ribs. It is under my left breast and is now becoming unbearable. I was just put on pain medicine and will be having a CT scan asap. Never feel intimidated by a dr about your health. It's your body and you know if something is wrong. I am beginning to feel like i have trouble taking deep breaths. I just cannot get my ribs to expand for a huge breath. I was asked if there was a history of cancer in the family . I have breast cancer on my birthmothers side. Lumps over the heart are nothing to fool around with. Take my advice and find a dr that is willing to aggressively work on you until they can find out what it is. Get a CT scan if you can. It is non-invasive and will show more than xray and not hurt. I will update as i find out what mine is. Keep fighting for your health. You only get one body and one life to be in it.
I've had a lump on my rib, under my left breast for about 6-7 years (at least).  My doctor originally told me it was a "fatty tumor" and no need for surgery (unless it got worse).  It is not only bothering me more, but the pain is also in my back (exact spot as the front) and my skin is extremely tender and sometimes painful to touch.  I have a doctors appointment Friday, but in the meantime, has anyone experienced these symptoms?