Methotrexate, ectopic pregnancy and bleeding

I have had two doses of Methotrexate administered by a needle. Between doses, the embryo grew from 2.8 cm to 5.8 cm in a span of a week. My Bhcg went from 2600 down to a little over 900. Was at the hospital under observation but have been released. This is my first night home, and I am concerned about what can happen. Experienced a fainting spell while under observation, low blood pressure after, but since then went up. Still ight headed, bleeding light to moderate, bright red, no tissue or clots. Slight cramping in my left side (where ectopic was discovered). Does anyone have any similar experiences or experienced this? What was the outcome? Am I just paranoid, or am I in grave danger at this point? ALL honesty is respected, will not get offended. Thank you
I am so sorry for what you are going through.

I had a Metho shot in August for "presumed" ectopic. but only had one and was sent home that day.

Your body seems to be reacting differently...as all of ours do. I hope it is all over  for you soon.(so your body can get back to normal)
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I too had to have two doses of methotrexate before my numbers started to go down. It still took about 3 weeks of havimg my blood checked every two days after the second shot.  One night i had extreme pain and the next morning i went to urinate and what i assumed was a blood clot the size of my fist(it was actuall the sac)came out. Afterwards I was fine.
I don't know much about ectopic pregnancies, but I wanted to say how sorry I am! I do know that they can be very dangerous and if you feel like you are experiancing things that you shouldn't then go to the Dr. or at least call. I know it's not something you want to mess around with. If you feel something is wrong then call. Or maybe try googling it and see what the normal symptoms are that you should be having. Again I'm sorry that you lost the baby! You will get a lot of support on this forum from these women here if you need it.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?

The following points are important:

Avoid alcohol and vitamin preparations containing folic acid until the hormone level is back to zero.
Avoid aspirin or drugs such as ibuprofen for one week after treatment. It is fine to use regular paracetamol (to a maximum of 2 tablets, 4 times per day)
If you have severe pain or heavy vaginal bleeding, get in touch with your doctor.
It is important that you use adequate contraception for 3 months after a single injection or six months after more than one treatment.
Be sure that all of your questions have been answered.

What are the possible side effects of methotrexate?
I had one shot of methotrexate Oct. 20/06 and my HCG levels were fluctatiing all over the place. My Dr. thought I needed another shot of methotrexate but then my levels went to 25, which is good. The bad thing is, is that I'm still bleeding. I've been bleeding for just over 6 weeks now. It sucks. The Dr.'s don't seem too concerned about it though.
I hope you are doing okay and remember just call your doctor or go to the ER if you feel worse.

I'm sorry for what you are going through.
From your Canadian buddy
Hi,I'm sorry about your ectopic.I had one on 8/25.I was given 3 shots,first 1 one did'nt take levels did'nt go down for 1 wk.And was given two more with vitamin shot in between.After exactly 1 wk. I started to bleed ALOT.Cramping & clotting that lasted 3 days.Then 1 wk. later I bled again for 1 month levels didn't go down for almost a mon.After levels went down to zero, 3 wks later I got AF on 10/06.Then again on 11/01.This is my 2nd cycle since.I was told NOT to take folic until levels went down comm.After I have taken prenatals & xtra folic & wil wait till jan to ttc.I know this is hard & scary but it will get better.Ask alot of ?'s.And were here for whatever.Good kuck ....nanis
Hi,I'm sorry about your ectopic.I had one on 8/25.I was given 3 shots,first 1 one did'nt take levels did'nt go down for 1 wk.And was given two more with vitamin shot in between.After exactly 1 wk. I started to bleed ALOT.Cramping & clotting that lasted 3 days.Then 1 wk. later I bled again for 1 month levels didn't go down for almost a mon.After levels went down to zero, 3 wks later I got AF on 10/06.Then again on 11/01.This is my 2nd cycle since.I was told NOT to take folic until levels went down comm.After I have taken prenatals & xtra folic & wil wait till jan to ttc.I know this is hard & scary but it will get better.Ask alot of ?'s.And were here for whatever.Good luck ....nanis
Hi There

SO sorry for your loss. I had one shot  of methotrexate only and the thing i remember the most was how truamatic and painful the bleeding was. I think the cramping was underestimated! I did bleed very heavily for a week and a half.  My levels also went down to zero in 2 weeks. I too will be TTC in Jan like nanis.

I hope you feel better soon.

I'm so sorry your going through this. I went through this myself and was pretty traumatized after the ordeal.I'm on my eight'th pregnancy right now with only 2 live children. The rest were miscarriges including one ectopic tubal pregnancy. I expierenced the same symtoms. With my ectopic ordeal I knew I was miscarring at 6 weeks but I was in denial because I've been trying to get pregnant for about a year and was hoping that my cramping and brown spotting would disapear. And then while at work ( I'm a caregiver at a nursing home) I was on my way to my next client to get him ready for breakfast and housekeeping happened to be there before me with thier huge cart and then it happened*** I fainted behind the cart and almost got run over by it had my RN would of not found me and started to hear ringing in my ears and blurred yellow vision and severe right side cramping and I could not stand on my own or get up from the floor and I was crying in excruciating pain. I felt like a failure unable to have children and was quite embarressed that my workplace knew what was going on since the ambulance was performing my vital signs right in front of them. And then my RN has the nerve to say "we didn't even know she was pregnant" like I mean this is personal and I had a feeling I was miscarring deep down but was hopeful I would be wrong and did not want to tell people until 3 months had passed cause then chances were high that the pregnancy was fine according to books at 3 months and who reveals they are pregnant that early anyways? I personally never heard anyone reveal that until 2 months have past at least. Not to judge anybody by the way, but I think this way because I feel that incase you have an unsucessful pregnancy you can hide it or at least try to and not have to deal with all the questions or comments since it's not so easy to talk about and it's not like your talking about about having a cold or a stomache flu. Unless your open like that. In this circumstance it's different and beautiful to reach out to each other for help/advice/comments since your really asking for it on this website... Next my doctor sends me for lab work and tells me that it is possible that I have  tubal pregnancy since when he physically pressed on my abdomen to see how many weeks I was and he said that I wasen't pregnant. Well I took 4 home tests and 2 doctor office exams that confirmed I was and he knew that. And at 6 weeks doctors should feel something in a physical exam. So I had to wait one whole week before I had laparoscopy surgery to remove the fetus since the reason I fainted was because it was growing way too fast and that is unnormal and I was at high risk to die. Full recovery took me almost 2 months and I was hosptalized 3 days and heavily medicated. It was very difficult to go back to work and have to put on my best poker face along with all the staff's questions and rumors and gossip. But who cares about that right? sometimes woman worry about stupidities such as that when I should have only worried about whether I was gonna live or die or be able to have children again. But I didn't give up sometimes it's just one of those things that happens in life and we are very lucky nowadays compared to 100 years ago with all the tecknology that has come along. Just imagine back then that when woman had tubal pregnancys and left it undected they for sure passed away. Just keep your head up and I wish the best of luck to you and your next time to get pregnant may be the charm.  I was sucessful to have a healthy 7 pound boy 2 years later. And I've prepared myself this time to not get excited about this pregnancy just in case something goes wrong since your at high risk to have another tubal pregnancy after you've already had one and I choose to wait my 3 months with hopes that I'll go on to deliver a healthy baby before I reveal to family and friends. Only my husbend and mother and whoever reads this post knows that I'm pregnant. And I am spotting red but not all the time with very mild discomfort and have sore breasts for symtoms. But I will go and see my doctor tomorrow for the first time since I've learned I'm pregnant. Please take care of yourself and I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you everyone for your kind words, and making me realize that I am not alone with this. ((HUGS)) to all of you that have lost, and the experiences you have endured to get where you are now.
Yesterday was extremely hard on me, after two weeks of cramping, diarrhea, hot/cold flashes, I went to the bathroom and heard a sploosh! sound. When I turned around (thank goodness there wasn't diarrhea at that time), I noticed a clear oblong object, about the size of a twonie (or roughly 2 inches) with a tail on it that was red. I am not sure if it was the empty sac (as my tubal grew from 2.8 cm to 5.8 cm) or not, but at that point I came to terms with what has been happening.
Other thank that, they sent me home from my last ultrasound (which is a good sign I guess) and hopefully will be back at work soon.
Once again, thank you for helping me thru this. It means the world to one that feels like she lost hers.
Hi everyone, I'm new and don't know many of the abbreviations so bare with me. I conceived my first daughter via 2nd IVF. I had one period after stopping breastfeeding. As I was approaching 2 months since that period I was going to call the Dr. to be seen and get priveria meds or whatever I needed to get myself back on track. To my surprise and shock I was pregnant. After just a few days, and a Dr. appt. wherein I was told everything was ok, I didn't feel right Friday. I was trying to tell myself it was just my mind and worry since we conceived naturally this time around...I was sure something had to be wrong. Well after hours in the hospital Friday I was told that I had a presumed ectopic pregnancy. This rollercoaster was too much! My choices were the D & C or Methotrexate. I decided on the shot since I wanted nothing more than to see my daughter. Today is Sunday morning and although today my cramps are slightly more intense I have not yet started to bleed.  How long does this process take??? I just want this to be over with! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have very few women in my family to discuss this with and appreciate any guidance. The sense of loss is really setting in and after reading some of your posts, I am scared to see what's to come oer the next few days. My Dr. told me that only 5% of the time a 2nd shot is necessary. This doesn't seem to be the case in what I have read. I am currently working and dreading the week ahead. My boss is already not very understanding since I've been back after having my daughter who is 8 months old now.  Again, any guidance would be appreciated.
I just had to have a DandC when they didnt find any fetal tissue they knew it was ectopic..I had one shot of the methotextrate..On Wednesday. I spotted a little and now today on Monday I seem to have dropped my Sac and have had some heavier bleeding. The cramps are pretty unbearable I think they dont tell you how bad it can really be. Well Thank you for listening and to all who have lost keep looking ahead and keep trying.....Someone told me even though it didnt work this time at least I know I can get pregnant so why give up...