My period is late and pregnancy test is negative

I am in my early 30s and usually get my period every 26-28 days.  Today is 31 days and it has not come yet.  Usually I get light cramps a few days before it comes but so far I feel nothing.  Physically I feel fine.  I've taken a pregnancy test the last three mornings (with first morning urine) and all have been negative.  I always have protected sex with a condom except maybe on the first day of my period starting.  Why could my period be late when it never has been before?
it is very normal for a woman to have at least 2 irregular cycles per year. not every cycle will be exact. so you probably are just having a longer cycle than usual and if you are worried you might be PG than it can delay it further. if you have tested neg....relax and she will come. BTW...i had 5 friends who thought it was safe to have unprotected sex the first day of their period....they got PG. many woman ovulate during their periods. not all woman ovulate in the middle of their cycles so i would make sure you use a condom even then....just to be safe. i am sure AF will show up in a couple days....if not sooner. good luck and try not to worry:)

love....kimmie
thanks kimmie.  i am nervous about this.  i know i'm most likely not pregnant (i sure don't want to be) but i am getting worried that there is something wrong with me.  i know you said relax and it will come which is what i'm going to try and do.  i also will use condoms at all times from now on!!
good to hear you will always use condoms. i also know how hard it is to relax when you are worried. if you are testing negative at this point than you aren't PG....just a delay in your cycle which is common. your period will come and probably be normal after this. anything can delay menstration...a cold, flu, stress, etc. so i am sure all is good and AF is right around the corner.

love....kimmie
HAHA dont listen to that, I am sorry but I was 6 wks pg and never got a postive result even the day I found out I was pg it was neg.  Not even a faint postive in sight.  I did miscarry that baby but still.  You never know.  Also maybe stress is another thing that can cause it to be late.  The best thing is to go to the dr and get a pregnancy test done.  Than if your not I wouldnt worry too much.  Its going to bug you so much until you know for sure.  Good luck!
i am so sorry for your loss. it is so true that stress can cause a woman's cycle to be late. i too have had many m/c and didn't even get a pos HPT but got a pos blood test. being a nurse i have to council ppl like you and i everyday...it is the worst. so many woman believe that you can't get PG on birth control or their periods. sex ed in school is good but doesn't explain what is really going on. woman don't know what is a normal irreg cycle and what isn't ...we aren't taught that an irreg cycle is even possible. it is such a shame that woman aren't truely eduacated about their bodies. i never was when i was in school or by my parents.

love....kimmie
i took another test this morning and it's negative.  it is a sensitive test (25mlg) of pregnancy hormone it can detect.  the last time i had unprotected sex was on 9/30/05 so if i got pregnant from that time wouldn't it show up by now?  that was also the very first day of my period starting.  are there any serious medical conditons that could make my period late?  i don't feel sick...
kymmy-please respond!  :-)
I know stress can factor into letting your AF late but before I m/c I took I swear 8 HPT all neg and come to find out the day I found out I was pg 6 wks along I went home took another test and it was neg some ppl dont get a BFP until way into their pregnancy.  I would call the dr and see if they can do blood work that way your know for sure.  Or wait about a wk and try again.  Best of luck to you!
HI! This just happened to  my 21 yr. old niece. She was 10 days late, and her test was negative. She went have blood test and still negative. She started about 2 days later. She had never been late like that  before. Just weird! I think she was stressed bcuz her mom left her dad at that time.Hang in there! Definately get a blood test if your period doesn't come on Monday. Good Luck!
if it saying neg than i am sure you are fine. woman have irregular cycles at least 2 times per year for no reason what so ever.and being worried about an unplanned PG will definately stop your period from coming. try to relax and she should show up in a couple days. lots of simple things can mess up a cycle...stress, diet, a cold, medicines....it is really common and i am sure your period will show once you aren't worrying about it.

love...kimmie
if i'm going to be starting my period in the next couple of days is there any way to tell?  would my vaginal mucus be thin or more thick, etc...???
every woman is different but if you are experiencing a discharge right now it more apt to be creamy, white, sticky, thick or dry. you never really know when she is going to come...but worrying is enough to stop her from showing. tests today are pretty accurate these days and if you got a neg HPT then it is safe to assume that you are NOT PG and as soon as you take a nice deep breath she will rear her ugly head....she always does. we can't get away from the red tide if we tried!!

love...kimmie