Period or not following Mirena removal?

I had my last normal period on 12/25.  I had a mirena IUD removed on 1/5.  On 1/7 I had some "period-like" bleeding begin and am still bleeding today 1/8.  I am not sure if this is normal bleeding from having the mirena removed or if it is a normal period.

I am supposed to start my fertility medication on the second day of my period.  If this is a normal period I would need to start today but I am unsure if it is just because I had the mirena removed.  

This is tricky.  Women often do have these types of symptoms when removing mirena.  If it were me, I'd wait until your next period and start fertility treatment then.  But I know that is hard to wait.  But it is hard to tell what is going on here with the spotting.  Let us know what you do!