Yaz and side effects and benefits

I was told that Yaz is a new birth control pill.  I am used to 7 days of placebo pills rather than only 4.  Is Yaz's concentration any different from the common birth control pills? Is it like saying just taking longer birth control pills?  What are the side effects?  What are the benefits?  Has FDA approved?  Where i can search more about Yaz?  Will it affect my future plan of having a healthy pregnancy?  Also, i was told if i do want to get pregnant, i should wait 6 months after taking the birth control pills.  is that true?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
I began taking Yasmin which worked on my periods but left me with too many symptoms of PMDD. I was switched to Yaz. The PMDD symptoms disappeared. So did my sex drive but I wasn't in a relationship so I didn't particularly care. However, I got very sick. My galbladder was removed although I failed all tests for Gallbladder Disease. the Nuclear blood test proved that the gallbladder was causing all the pain even though I didn't have the disease. I had also developed what would eventually be diagnosed as a Daily Migraine. It wasn't just daily, it was constant. My Neuorologist removed me from the Yaz. It still took a year for the migraines to stop. I still have recurrent migraines though they are not constant.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please help us!   My 18 year old daughter switched to YAZ about 9  months ago to better clear up acne.    About 3 months ago, she started experiencing constant stomach pains that get worse after every meal.   Could this be YAZ??
I stoped reading- no one seeems happy with Yaz> I just started Yaz 2 weeks ago! since I got my periode a week ago- I still have a little of `clean` blood coming out- I dont know what is going on- its very little but iam still worried! I eat a lot more lately and Iam scared of gaining weight!!! What should I do??? Its all so new!
I have been on Yaz for over a year now but on and off. I went on it again in April and after a few weeks I went off it because I found I was having bad anxiety, depression and trouble sleeping through the night. For 3 weeks the symptoms didn't go away so I went back on it in the beginning of May and I still have the symptoms. Did I not wait long enough? How long does it take until the pill is out of your system?
I was given several samples of yaz from a nurse at the medical clinic I visit. I have had issues with oral contraceptives in the past, I've taken about 4 different kinds including Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. The most severe side effects I've had in the past was my cycle contining for long periods of time and extreme mood swings. A little over a month ago I began taking Yaz. I had side effects that are consistent with the labeling here and there but didn't make the connection/relation. Within my last week I began experiencing extreme nausea, headaches and frequent breast tenderness and soreness. The uncomfort was so extreme that I decided to stop taking it all together. I wasn't alarmed when my cycle didn't starting during the 4 days allotted but I stopped taking it after I finished the first full pack and here I am two weeks later and I still haven't started my cycle. I've made an appointment with my Dr. but wont be able to meet with her until about another 2 weeks. Is there any advice that can be given? How long will I continue feeling like this? Is it normal that my cycle hasn't resumed yet? And is it normal that the side effects are still as severe as when they began although I stopped taking Yaz close to 2 weeks ago?

Thanks, Bridge
I started yaz at the beginning of the summer and im on my 4 month package now and I still havent gotten my period.  I am waiting and waiting and I even went off it for a week and still... nothing so i figured in order to regulate me again i would keep going with how I was before and still i have not seen any signs of a period, i have had slight cramping during the weeks where I was supposed to get my period but nothing unbareable... i have taken 3 prego tests and they were all negative, i havent gained a pound... i have actually lots alot of weight being on yaz, the only thing that freaks me out about it is the fact i have yet to see my period and im goin on 5 months now heeeeelp, is this normal about the lack of period??
Yaz made me very angry.  So angry that I had become a very different person.  My husband is such a loving and patient person and he couldn't have made me angry.   It had to do something with Yaz because that was the only medication I took.  I stopped Yaz, and I don't recall being so angry since then.
I was 35 last spring when I was diagnosed with a large fibroid in my uteris and was experiencing severe periods...messy and painful.  I was prescribed Yaz to decrease my period severity and started taking them expecting it to help.  Six weeks later my foot swelled up and it felt like I had a permanent charlie horse in my calf.  I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my knee and the day after I was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli too.  Scary stuff!  Stopped taking Yaz as soon as I started experiencing the pain knowing that there was a chance of this side effect.  Oh and it didn't help with the severity of my period either.  Waste of money and made me severely ill too.  Careful ladies and pay attention to all the literature accompanying your prescription.
I took Yaz for almost three years. I'm having HORRENDOUS anxiety and low blood pressure challenges. (Anxiety can cause your body to dump salt and as a result blood pressure can be low.) When I started seeing a naturopath, they put me on supplemental magnesium. That has really helped with the panic and the anxiety. For more info, check out The Magnesium Miracle on amazon. I'm still dealing with the low blood pressure and feeling of faintness. I am praying that this will subside with time. I can't work out at all without feeling faint. It's really scary. I'm not sure if this is strictly attributable to my having taken BC. I had no idea the correlation of side effects from the pill and my experience. For 2 years it was fine, but then one day something snapped. Off the pill, I feel better for sure, however these lingering issues are freaking me out. If anyone has any experience having gotten off of the pill, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

Also, I must add that when I went to my OBGYN she kind of bullied me into staying on the pill espousing all the fabulous things it does for you. My gut was not having it. I went to a naturopath to discuss it. They really don't like the pill because of the fake hormones. They are of the opinion that the estrogen dominance in our environment and foods causes lots of problems for people.

Anyway, I am really really happy to be off the pill. I didnt realize what a GAG reflex I was having everytime I took the stuff. Also, look up premarin mares. I just learned about this. NOthing good can come from that kind of abuse. Good luck ladies and thank you so much for sharing your stories. It has really really helped me to feel better that the weight gain and the anxiety / depression are real side effects.
I so apprciate these forums. We are not alone it gives me insight now I wish I read sooner. I got off Yez in July and have not had a period yet and its Oct. I have taken test but all results show neg.  Now I have pregnancy systoms but still neg test and to top it off while I was on the pill I was having anxiety and depression and I left my job I was at for ten years I thought it was them now Im rethinking the situation. WOW
Please or to view.
Hey I'm experiencing the same thing. and have done all the same thing as you I have been on this pill for about 4months and still no period!!!! have you seen any sign of yours yet?
I've been on all of the versions of this pill: yasmin, yaz, ocella, beyaz for about 7 years now, and I didn't have any problems until I started college and had a little bout of anxiety, but that ended quickly. I have been off of the pill now for about a month and I honestly thought I was already pregnant. I haven't had a period, my boobs hurt, I've had nausea and dizziness, and I'm EXTREMELY bloated! Please don't take Yaz...even though I was on it for years with having nothing but good to say about it, the side effects and long term health problems it can cause(I have liver damage, that I attribute to Yaz) are NOT WORTH IT!!!
Hi thanks for the comment on the Yaz story.
I am feeling better today,but still not stable.
How are you feeling?
I have so many questions about this sickness....
cuz none of my friends have been through being sick or depresstion....
I needed someone to talk to like you!
cuz we can share the feelings and infomation about this sickness.

Have you been being caful what to eat stlictly?
Do you feel a little pain sometimes?
I do.and i am going to the blood test tomorrow for the first in a month.
Im kinda worried about my INR....
cuz i`ve been eating not really good :(

Hope to keep in touch!

HIROKO
Thanks for all share about use it Yaz..
when i read all story about the effect use it Yaz make me so scare and feel so sad..
yesterday i was go to doctor for consult about my cyst ovarium and he sugest to use it this pill..
and now I got confuse should i take it or no???

Please,if have experience about ovarium cyst share with me...
what medicine i should take or its true this Yaz can help it my problem??
Please or to view.
Just started Yaz, prescribed for my severe PMS and PMDD.  Wondering for those taking Yaz and have PMS or PMDD did it agree with you?  Have been on it for 5 days and am starting to feel the same irrational irritability and sensitivity I do during the worst part of my cycle:(
I just started beyaz last week and I feel reallly good. I was on loestrin which was causing me to be an emotional wreck. So far I love beyaz.
Hi there I came across this blog and thought id add a comment. I too have tried Yasmin then switched to Yaz for 2 years and became a complete mess suffering anxiety attacks, mood swings, weight fluctuation, Lethargy, depression, heart palpitations and chest pains and put it down to the relationship I was in at time but didn't realise until I went off it to give my body a break that it was in fact the pill. Almost immediately after a week I was feeling better and gradually got back to my old self, then a month ago decided for obvious reasons to go back on it and try again.
For the whole month I have been experiencing immediate side effects such as bloating, sharp stomach pains and cramping, light discharge, chest pains, depression, anxiety, irritable and mood swings, nausea and wanting to vomit, on and off my food, weakness, dizziness and tired all the time, loss of sex drive, disinterest in general life and things, increased urination, headaches, constant panic and shortness of breath. I have stopped now and waiting for a period but will never be going back on it.
The sooner this stuff is out of my system the better. I have turned into a lost soul within a few weeks. I would warn anyone looking to try just to be aware and look for the signs to see if you may be one of the unlucky ones this pill does not agree with. I just want my old self back again.
I started Yaz just over two weeks ago- and stopped yesterday.  I have taken a few different oral contraceptives in the past, all of which at some point stopped working, but none of which was totally horrible side-effect-wise to begin with.  I was a bit reluctant, but also desperate to do something about my period.   I only went on it to try to improve my heavy and miserable period in the first place- not for pregnancy prevention.  (I didn't expect it to improve my period the first month, and it definitely did not- I had labour contractions and a super heavy flow, as usual.)  On Yaz, I became instantly really depressed, with suicidal thoughts, beyond zero sex drive (what is the point of a contraceptive that works by making you never want to have sex again?), constant nausea, headaches, back pain, dizziness, a couple of killer migraines, I can't stop crying, my digestion's terrible, my breasts are so sore (it hurts to hug my husband, to put a shirt on... and I am not well-endowed), sweating way more than usual, and my period has lasted 17 days and counting.  I almost fainted several times in the first ten days or so- to the point where I was lying on the kitchen floor, unable to move, struggling to breathe normally. My husband kept reminding me that life wasn't so terrible, and that it had to be Yaz.  He also convinced me to stop taking it and see my doctor- he is a saint for being so sane and supportive, because I have not been easy to be around.  Hoping that my body gets back to normal quickly- this is my second day not on it and my period has only gotten heavier, with more cramping.  This pill *****, and it has convinced me never to try an oral contraceptive again.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
dose YAZ helps in reduceing pimples?
I have polycystic ovaries  can I get children after taking yaz ?
I have been taking Yaz for the past week n I have had a light period for 5 days I was just wondering if this right or should I see a doctor
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have been on yaz for almost 3 years now. It was all good except for this year and last year. I never gain weight until a year ago. I had periods that lasted 2 weeks . Yaz did help alot until it stopped working for me. I been eating alot, Tired alot, gain weight I went from 80 something pounds to 98.7 pounds. I gained around 12.7 pounds in 2 years.  I am on my 3rd period this month. I been feeling sick and dizzy. I dunno why I am bleeding again for the second time. I had break though bleeding before. I called my doctor and she told me to take three months off so my body can clean it's self and get back to normal . Taking three months off helped alot. When I had the three months off the pill  I felt so much better , I didn't have any of the side effects . I've been having headaches .
The Mirena IUD is awesome. Long history of safety in Europe; progesterone in device does not circulate in bloodstream. Stays in for 5 years. I have had NO PERIODS with it in, which is great since I tend to be anemic. I am on my second one, so it is 10 years now. I highly recommend.
I have taken Yaz for 2 years for PMDD, and it is nothing short of a miracle. I am 45 and am on 3 other meds for mood disorders, which were unable to fix the hormonal cycling of my depression. My adult acne has completely gone. I do not take the pills that are inactive, and I do not have periods; I am a physician and this is a perfectly safe thing to do. I am agonizing now about having to go off the pill; I had a scare this weekend where I thought I had a blood clot in my leg. I sit at a computer 10 hour a day for work, and Beyaz (Yaz with folic acid) has recently been found to have more risk of blood clots than originally thought.
So, what you're saying is that more than hundreds of women who were trying to be responsible about their sex life and decided to go on a birth control as prescribed by their doctor are those who should not be taking the pill even though they are the audience for which it was designed?

Wow, really good addition to the forum where people are trying to share their problems. I'm glad you decided to include yourself in something where you obviously can add nothing of any importance.

I have been on Yaz for about 9 months straight now.  I was on it for 4 months previously as well but kept breaking out in terrible skin rashes and was switched to another which caused depression issue and severe moodiness.  I recently talked to a Doctor and found out I may be suffering from PMDD in which Yaz was the only Birth Control Pill that allowed me to feel like a normal person throughout the month with the exception of one week of craziness before my period.  Since I started Yaz, while it worked for me mentally, it has made me feel very sick each month, almost everyday.  I come down with colds, have flu-like symptoms, serious muscle pains, terrible migraines, and now I am starting to get heart palpitations with numb arms.  I do not smoke and live a fairly healthy life-style.  I have also developed more severe asthma since I have started Yaz in which it hasn't bothered me much since I was 16 (I am now 24).  Each time I get my period, I suffer from allergy-like symptoms, with a week of severe moodiness before.  Also, I have started to get sores on my tongue and now I have serious jaw pains which have made it hard for me to go to work and live life normally.  I have developed skin rashes and dry patches all over my skin and am afraid I am having serious allergic reactions to the pill.  I have had Cysts on my ovaries in the past even though I am a healthy person.  After reading about the lifelong side-effects of Yaz, I am thinking of switching...

See this information page on the side-effects of Yaz and life-threatening issues:
http://www.yaz-yasmin-lawsuit.com/problems/

Hello. Yaz is a good pill to cure hormonal imbalance... But  don't take it longer... the longer to take it the more side effects u will have... i've been using it for 6 months now and i stopped.... i experienced painful breast... and when i had my blood test... my triglycerides rise up to a high level...just for a span of 6 months its goes too high... last year my trigly is 131.7and after 6 months it became 339.6  so alarming... yaz is one factor that can cause bad health...  natural contraceptive is much better than taking any pill... it can also damage ur liver... just an advice...

http://bestpanicattackcure.com/panic-away-review.htm
Please or to view.
I just read your post and others after collecting my first prescription for YAS this morning. I have already taken the first pill, but will discard of the rest. Thank you for posting. My husband and two sons need me - much more than I need my period and period pain regulated. Thank you and I am sorry for your wife.
I too took Yaz and became very angry and almost lost my family. At the same time I became depressed and tried to kill myself. I have a very wonderful husband of 20 years and 4 beautiful children who would have had to spend the rest of their lives without me. I am greatful for them and my irregular periods.  Research....research....research.....Please think twice before you take any medication.
I have been on Yaz for about 6 months now and wondered if anyone is experiencing a flat line effect emotionally and lowered sex drive. I had been on two anti-depressants and went off them hoping these emotional feelings would come back but they haven't so I am curious to know if it's the yaz?  Help and info from anyone is appreciated.
Please or to view.
Hello, I see its months later now, just got on this site, so glad, thought i was starting to suffer from depression, now I see its Yaz. We also had the same problem, brownish bleeding after sex.. terrible, i already had such a low libido and then i have to go feel self concious and dirty after, ive stopped for a week now, will see what happens.
I used Estrostep Fe for about 8 years and never had any problems.  When I had to relocate overseas for work I asked my gyno if he could give me any free samples of birth control because I was worried about getting legitimate pills. He didn't have Estrostep, but did have Yaz.  I used it for a month and it seemed OK.  The pharmacies where I lived all stock Yaz so it wasn't a problem to get it and I never thought twice and have been using it for 2 years.  

During those 2 years my sex drive has COMPLETELY diminished.  My fantastic husband has put up with my moody resistance but I began noticing how bizarre it was that I could go almost a month without feeling the need to be with him.  In fact, the ONLY time I really feel drawn towards him was when I'm was on the off week!  

Over the past 8 months sex has become incredibly painful. I visited my regular gyno on a trip back home and he didn't seem concerned and just recommended lube.  That didn't work. Period. What I once found enjoyable turned into some I dreaded and wanted to end.

I am now researching NFP because I am worried to use any of the pills overseas and don't know how to get bulk supplies of Estrostep Fe.

I cannot say this enough: Do NOT use this pill. I can't imagine how devastating this could have been to my marriage if my relationship hadn't been as strong as it is.

Be smart, do your research (which I didn't) and don't always trust that your doc has your best interest in mind. Good luck!
Please or to view.
I have been on Yaz for exactly 3 weeks today. I have pimples where I never had before and this is why I am reading this forum. I am going to stop taking them. I am scared that when I stop them my face will break out more.
Thank you for sharing your experiences since I learned a lot from them.
Hi:  Did your symptoms go away?