Yeast symptoms - itching, irritation, little discharge, but test negative.

I went to a doctor on Monday. Based off the symptoms I was having they told me that I had a yeast infection-(I had one about three months ago). They prescribed me fluconazole. I took it and felt better, but went back into my gynecologist for a follow up on Thursday(my symptoms were almost completely gone at this point.) They took a swab and said it the results said no it wasn’t a yeast infection, but she said yes she was sure I had had one. I took she told me to take the second dose of fluconazole, which I did that day. Then my itching came back. I still had mild irritation and itching on day two of the fluconazole second dose so I went and bought Monostat3. My concern is why isn’t it completely going away? I have very little to no unusual discharge, no redness unless I mess with it, no swelling, no smell, no bumps or sores. Just strictly have an annoying mild itch on my vulva and inside my buttcheek.
She also ran an STD test for gonnorea and chlymidia that came back negative.
COMMUNITY LEADER
How is it by now? It seems like you didn't give the fluconazole very long to do its job. I think it is said to take up to a couple of weeks to have full effect.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community