Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.7k Members

early miscarriage? or heavy period? (warning, photo)

Hello ladies, I am TTC, I have been having pregnancy symptoms for nearly 2 wks (neasea, cramping, sore swollen breasts, fatigue) but no positive pregnancy test. My period came 2 days early (I'm usually always 28 days, never varies). It was horribly painful, including 2 hours of contraction-like cramping in tummy, back and back of thighs, then I passed this large tissue mass and all the pain stopped. Have I had a very early miscarriage? How can I tell?
3 Responses
Just to mention, all the nausea stopped the day before my period came, all other symptoms stopped the day after I passed the tissue mass
4851940 tn?1515698193
If your period came 2 days early, it is highly unlikely that you were pregnant.  

It is possible that you conceived, something was not right and this is Mother Nature's way.  It may be an embryo that was not formed properly that you are holding.  

Best not to worry about it, flush it down the toilet and move on.

Some of the symptoms that you mentioned can also be due to what is called PMS (premenstrual syndrome) sometimes called PMT (premenstrual tension).   PMS symptoms can begin from around 10 before the start of your period.

Keep a record of your periods and if you do experience clots again, you may need to see your doctor.

973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree with jemma.  You'd also not have things like nausea most likely that early.  It is doubtful you were pregnant hon.  good luck
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.