Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

i have an irregular period but i want to have a baby

Hi im 22 yrs old and started my period when i was 16. My period has never been regular.  Since i started my period, it has only come 3 to 4 times a year. i have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for 3 yrs now, never been on birth control and have yet to come up pregnant. At first i thought i just had an irregular period but now im scared that i will not be able to conceive. Since the age of 18, doctors have told me that my period will regulate itself...im 22 and its still irregular. Now it seems as if i cant get pregnant, i think i was mis-diagnosed.
4 Responses
Might be pcos go back ask more questions
thanks i really appreciate your help
Try fertility aid it helped me!!!
1855970 tn?1325827213
my doctor put me on Medroxyprogesterone after 6 years without a normal period. this pill induces a period each month. I was told I have PCOS and this should help regulate everything so I can ovulate on my own monthly. If you are unsure of anything, just ask your doctor!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.