nausea during ovulation/menstruation

I have been experiencing very mild, but noticible nausea around the time I ovulate and again right before, during and after my period. It is not all the time during the day, but feels very strange and unusual and has consistently come and gone during these times. I would think I were pregnant if it had not been going on for a few months and if I had not had regular, heavy periods. We are trying to get pregnant and I wonder if something is out of balance with hormones? Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks
I know where u r comming from. I do the same thing. I bloat really bad too. My stomach feels like its full. I don't ever throw up or anything I just feel sick. I asked my doctor about it and he said I was fine. It's normal. Of course he is a man and has no idea what it feels like. I feel like I have one "good " week without feeling sick. I take pepto or eat tums. it seems to help for a little bit.good luck. I will also say when I was pg with both of my girls I got a sick feeling at night. I never threw up I just felt icky.
Could be your reaction to progesterone or the lack of progesterone, (as you were thinking, your reaction to hormones).  Hope this doesn't mean you will be really sick when you get pregs.  Good luck on that!
I just found this blog when I googled "nausea during menstruation" today because I have been so sick since I started this period and it's only the second day! I have thrown up though, because I get more and more nauseous when I eat or especially drink, but I feel thirsty. I wish I had a cure!
Sabina, which can be found at a local specialty foods store, is a natural homeopathic remedy that can help reduce the loss of blood that is making you nauseous.
Ginger root works great to combat the nauseous feeling. You can make a tea out of it or buy it in pill form. If you take the pills, take one every 4 hours. Its the only thing that helped me with my nausea.
I feel exactly like you.  Ever since I had my daughter 2 years ago I get nausea throughout the month and feel like I can't get a break except for maybe a couple days out of the month!!  I want to get blood work done to see whats wrong.
I have the same problem.  Day 12, 13 & 14 I usually feel nausea.  It's the hormone stimulation for ovulation.  I was on the pill for years and it really help.  Now I had to go off the Pill and it was so bad that I have been throwing up in the middle of the night.  It's always worse at 2:00am!  I am on the patch, but it doesn't seem to work. Of couse, the doctor totally doesn't understand!
If the nausea is persistent throughout the month, then you might have food allergies/food intolerances.  I have several, and most recently discovered I'm intolerant to gluten/wheat, as well as chocolate.  Ironically, the nausea and bloating I felt throughout the month went away after eliminating these foods, but now I feel more nauseous before my period.  This month, it's bad enough that I'm worried about being pregnant, even though it's still a few days before my period.  After my period starts, though, the nausea goes away within a day or two and the rest of the month is nausea-free.  I should note that my periods are more "normal" now that I've eliminated the food I'm intolerant to...and I've lost a lot of weight, as well.  Lastly, I drink peppermint tea with a pinch of powdered ginger, and sweetened naturally with a few drops of stevia extract (you can also buy it in powder form - but don't use much!  It takes half a BB sized scoop to equal a couple teaspoons of sugar in sweetness -- if you use too much, it tastes bitter).  This tea is excellent at eliminating nausea.  Good luck!
Hi! I've been a lot in the Web finding an answer during my ovolation and either before, duirng or after of my menstral period. Twice a month i am experiencing headaches, nausea, irritations and easy to get mad. I often fight with my husband without no reason at all. I also have 3 kids and I often scolded them even it is not their fault. What I am trying to say is I am totally a different person during my period and even ovolation period. I can easily got sick too.

Imagine every other week you feel sick, I felt so bad I am hurting my husband and kids often. I can be very mean and I do not want to continue being this way. I need help or advice.
Yes. I get that, too. My doctor sent me to a hospital specialist-(at the time, I was working in a laboratory with lots of nasty chemicals, so they wanted to eliminate some kind of poisoning) they think the most likely cause is not the levels of hormones themselves but the rate at which they change (rapid changes in the levels of progesterone and or oestrogen- aka "estrogen" causing nausea).

If your doctor eliminates other- more serious causes- he/she can give you an anti nausea drug, like "domperidone" or you can use ginger extracts- both medical doctors and herbalists endorse ginger for nausea. I usually make tea from powdered ginger or from fresh ginger root cut into tiny pieces.
Hi all,

I also found this website when I googled "nauseousness during period". I have never felt like throwing up or felt sick, I get mild to extreme period pains before and during my menstrual cycle, however the cycle I'm going through now is completely different. I have been eating a lot a week prior to my cycle, and the first two days I have only been feeling sick. I am not on the pill and I'm definitely not pregnant.My flow is a lot heavier than usual, but I think that is compensating for my last cycle for I didnt get anything and only lasted 2-3 days.( That could be due to the stress from my studies.)   I really dont know how to get rid of this feeling! :( Ahhh.. the things women have to put up with!
I am so grateful I came across this site. Thank god for google. I'm home sick from work... AGAIN due to how terribly nauseous I feel during ovulation and prior to my period. Its ruining my life. I thought I was alone but seeing that some of you experience the same thing has comforted me some what. I need to get a handle on it. I'm going to try ginger and hope it works. My doctors do not understand!!!