off depo abnormal menstrual cycle

I was on the depo shot for about 9yrs.  I have been off it for 9months.  My mentrual cycles have been long.  curently it is going on 3 wks.  how worried should I be?
Hi-I don't think you should be worried all that much.. I was that too, and when I got off, I couldn't even explain the bleeding. I bleed for months straight. I had to get on birth controll pills, to re-regulate my menstral cycle. So, I would suguest getting on some urself. Unless your trying to have a baby, then you should talk to your dr.
You should check the archives.  There are a lot of women that have posted on here about their problems getting off Depo.  Sorry I can't offer more help.
Thanks for you comments, I'll try not to be too worried.  as for another birth controll.  Well I am in a time of my life that if I get pregnent then that would be just fine.  
and I will check the past archieve to see what other people on depo said thank you.
tazgirl
Ok I am a day late here, but I hope you get this and it can be of help, I was on Depo for 3 years and when I went off I got AF pretty fast but then it has been irregular since. I was off everything for the year after depo and never really had a normal peroid. THen I went back on the pill and even that didnt really regulate it. It regulated the start date a little but some months would be heavy, others light, sometimes it would last one day and others it could last a week. There were even months where I got 2 in one month! this went on for another 2 years! After getting off everything this past summer I had a normal cycle the first month and then for the next few months till I got pg. So I would just wait it out a little, I know it isn't fun, but talk to your Dr. if you are concerned and best of luck. I hope you get back to "normal" :)
Depo stays in your system usually 12-24 months once stopping...of course some people are different.  I was on two shots of Depo and then went on BCP because the Depo made me bleed 3 months straight almost.  Nov 04 I started BCP and then in Aug 05 I decided to stop because my husband and I were TTC.  I have not had a period since Aug, except twice and that was with the help of Provera.  Month after month gets frustrating.  Best of Luck to you!! Jen
yah, its no fun!  But I really want to just be off birth control altogether.  
    I heard that the depo shot can make you gain weight.  I gained at least 10lbs. and now that Im off it, its like I'm hungrier!  at first I thought I would just make sure I don't eat more than normal, but now Im thinking  maybe I should diet.  Get back to a healthier weight.  
    Off the shot I think I gained another 5lbs.  
taz