smelly vigina.....is this normal?

i have been like this for as long as i no, i go in the bath or shower clean myself, within 2 hours i smell downstairs, how can i help this, its really horrible to because ill go in the shower be4 i go to my boyfriends an we'll have a play n i smell as if i havent washed, please help me
Well there are vaginal washes that you can use and also feminine powders. Is it just the outside or the inside? If the smell is coming from the outside you can use simple home remedies such as bathing with dettol or a lime on your wash cloth. If it is coming from the inside then you can try to douche. If that doesn't work it may be a serious infection.
Hope you can rectify your problem soon, good luck!!!!!!!!
Hi Shanti, have you been to the doctors?  Sounds like you may have an infection, get yourself down to the doctor as its not normal?
its coming from the outside. do this dettol really work. does it pratect u just for a couple of hours or what?
thank you btw
Feminine washes/sprays/deodorants, yuck. We all have a scent, and it's not supposed to be roses, lol. But if the smell is unpleasant, see your doctor. As another poster noted, you probably have an infection.

Which brings me to my other point - NEVER douche. I can't say this strongly enough. Not only is that more likely to trigger an infection by upsetting the balance of bacteria in your vagina, but you could force any infection you might have deeper, leading to PID.
I agree w/ monkeyflower.  Douching can actually cause infections, not help with odor.  
You need to see a doc, b/c abnormal odor (fishy smell, with or without odd discharge) is a sign of infection.  And some bacterial infections don't even have symptoms.  
Find a doc, and see if there's something you can treat.
Also, overly washing, even with regular soap can cause you to get an infection.  I know that doesn't make sense, but there are normal levels of bacteria that live in the vagina all the time, and if you wash too much, it disrupts this natural balance.
Just see a doc.
Well I have a couple people who I spoke to in regards to the dettol and my mother was the first to tell me about it. You can actually bathe with the dettol first and then bathe with ordinary soap or vice versa. I used it when I used to play sports to keep the sweaty smell off of me. It worked and surprisingly like for 8hrs. I mean every body is different but this definately worked for me. But please dilute it it is really strong.
My GYN told me about douching with banking soda and water.  Make sure the water has been boiled.  He explains while douching with abrasive cleaners like vinegar and such may upset your vagina natural ability to produce good bacteria fighting enzymes, banking soda is a solvent detergent which means it can be pumped through your veins, its non toxic. It really works.  My GYN called me "a juicy girl".  By that he meant I produce alot of fluid which causes odor and bacteria.  I tell you this b/c since I have been douching with the banking soda; I have not had problems with odor.  I can douche with it everyday or every week, and I have not had problems with infections that I had when I douched with vinegar and water.  People once used banking powder as deodorant and in the creases of the skin, some still do.
Do you have a lot of discharge because i feel like I always do its gross it feel like i get my period when its actually just a load of discharge?? is this normal???
I was told by my doctor that wiping from the front to the back can make a difference!  I tried it and a lot of my odor went away.  Don't know if that helps, but try to always wipe from your vagina towards your rectum if you don't already.
i SOMETIMES GET THE MOST OFFENSIVE SMELL, IT REMINDS ME OF  A SULPHUR TYPE SMELL, SOMETIMES ITS A VERY ROTTEN SMELL. I WENT TO THE DR AND FOUND I HAD A BACTERIAL INFECTION, IT WENT AWAY WITH MEDICATION.IS YOUR ALWAYS PRESENT OR DOES IT COME AND GO? DOES YOUR BOYFRIEND NOTICE IT?
it's normal...a few years ago, i had the same problem...i started using Summer's Eve Fem. wash down there during my showers and then I used the Summer's Eve lotion after my shower...ever since then, I haven't had ANY issues...so yeah...but if it's coming from the inside, then I would suggest seeing a doc...might be an infection that can more than likely get cleared up with some medication. Good luck! :)
i am having a fishy smell and its really bad sometimes i have been with my boyfriend for about a year now and he can smell it too when we are having sex but i dont have any discharge or ichieness what is wrong?