what do you like to do?

what is it that YOU like to do? do you like reading? writing? perhaps you sing? or play?

me...i love going to museums, reading and writing.

i'm working on a few novels right now. i'm half way down with the first i started.
I enjoy writing --- writing poetry and also photography.  Not a pro by any means, but find it very relaxing -- both writing & taking pics!
Seen your post in the other forum and thought I would stop by and say hi. I love to read and write and am currently working on my second novel. The first was published last year. I love anything outdoors, though mostly swimming and playing with my son.
chitchat - i love photography!!! i've always wanted to learn the different techniques for taking pictures. some pictures are just so amazingly beautiful! what kind of poetry do you write?

victoria - that is so awesome! what was the title of your first novel?

i'm also an outdoors person. i grew up camping, hiking and canoeing with my family. now (while my kiddos are still little) we enjoy going to the park.
I used to write poetry, but have not written a single poem since the one I wrote for my sister's funeral when I was 13.

I LOVE to read though! I just got Pride & Prejudice & Zombie's from the library! I have not started reading it yet, but I can't wait. I love The Great Gatsby, and other literature but I also love murder mystery and suspense!

My new found hobby is going to be cake decorating! I always wanted to be a pastry chef but ended up with a degree in Criminal Justice and working on my Master's in Forensic Psychology.....SO, cake decorating is going to be a hobby! I am signing up for the classes at Hobby Lobby!!

Thats about it for me :-)
oh cheyenne that is awesome!!! i wanted to try cake decorating but....after my bunny cake disaster i figured i'd leave that to the professionals. lol
i love music , and poetry ;sports
I mainly like to write. Mostly I enjoy doing non-fiction writing, because when I get stuck on a subject of interest to me, I research all I can about it, then usually end up writing something up on it for my own reference or for others' benefit.
I know somewhere within my cluttered brain, there is a creative streak in there. But with my life being as hectic as it's been for the last 8-10ish years, I've kinda lost touch with my creativity. I have a hard time coming up with fictional works. It's like that spark just isn't there like it used to be when I was a kid.
I'm hoping one day I can write children's fiction, and hopefully a children's novel or series of novels. That's been my dream for as long as I can remember. I just need to find something worth writing about...
I enjoy going to different restaurants with my fiance and trying different meals from different culture. Our last food venture was at restaurant with Middle Easter menu (Iraq to exact). I found the food presentation visually apealing, but found the taste to be  bland, but it was very healthy. My fiance and I also enjoy wine tasting. Last time was at a winery in Napa Valley, CA., where we sat and enjoyed a glass of wine over looking acres of rapes and oh how we enjoyed it....it was wonderful!
sorry.."I meant  grapes not rapes (lol)"
Heatherlynn22 - My first novel is "Cries of Regret". It came out in March of 2009.

Cheyenne- I tried that cake decorating thing too...it was a total disaster when I tried to make my 3 yr old a large train cake for his birthday! :)
I enjoy the fall season, watching mother nature put on a show. I just love the different colors of the leafs. Some trees are amazing in colors and compliment the changing crisp air.
my aunt and i have been making "leaf buddies" every fall since i was 3. lol. we find the prettiest, most colorful leaves out there. then we get really heavy books, wax paper and pair the leaves up until they form some sort of creature. we have quite a collection. lol. all of the books she has are FILLED with all of our "leaf buddies".

what's it about victoria? i've been needing to get some new reading material (once i start reading a book for the 5th or 6th time that's when it kind of dawns on me to go buy some new ones. lol)
We should form a book club and have people suggest the best books out there....literature, cook book poetry, mystery novel...etc.
It's a suspense thriller/mystery type about a child psychologist and a detective trying to save a little girl.

What kind of books do you normally read?
oh that sounds right up my alley!

i love all kinds of books. ranging from non fiction (such as james herriots book) to fiction like mary higgins clark, steven king, dan brown. i even like fantasy (jk rowling, cs lewis...) so a suspense thriller/mystery is great!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading, museums, art, music, playing the guitar/piano, decorating, photography...so many hobbies, so many things I like to do...if only I had like six clones I'd be able to do it all...between being a housewife, and SAHM...I rarely get an opportunity to do any of it. That and I don't have any instruments with me in Korea, but I do get out occasionally to the museums here...so I get to see things, and I love taking pics, mostly of DS. : ) He's a photogenic baby.
I'm an artist and make a living off my art work (some pictures under my profile), although not much in this economy. I also like to sew, build things and have dabbled in a lot of other crafts. If it's something creative, eventually I'll get around to trying it.....except for writing or music, my talents aren't in those areas.
It changes from year to year, but usually it's one of these activities: writing, drawing/painting, or photography. This year seems to be photography. For the most part when I am into something, I am REALLY into it. Like don't try to distract me, I'll either ignore you or have a fit, lol.  What's made this year different than other years is wanting to explore and see how many places I can go and things I can shoot.
everyone has such wonderful things they like to do!!

flm that is so awesome that you make your living off of what you love. i hope i can do that with my writing. i hope. lol. what sort of painting do you do? do you just paint or do you do sculpturs as well?

mj that is so awesome that you have so many different things you love to do. very awesome! where do you go to do your photography? do you do it in your area or do you travel?
Reading and writing! My favorite things to do! :D
My main source of transportation is my bike. Most of the places I shoot are close to my area. (except the photos I took on a canoeing trip.) As far as things I shoot, it varies. I shoot macros of flowers, insects, wildlife (whatever animals and birds I can find) scenery and random people.

One of my projects is shooting different people's gardens and sometimes their houses as well. It's interesting what things I learn when doing it. I would think people would be alarmed to see strange girl on her bike stop and pull out a point and shoot camera, but so far, this year I've gotten positive feedback. One person invited me to her back garden and shared with me the different plants. Another person had a huge jungle of a garden with trees and shrubs and even a small "pond", all within a small front yard. (think your average city where houses are close together and not much space.) It was impressive. The guy told me how he started off with just a bare front lawn and made his own little "Eden." I've also heard about how people wish that people in cars would slow down rather than speed through the streets. Maybe if people can stop to see the beauty. It's amazing.

One of my long time dreams is being able to make a living with one of my passions. Right now as it is, I'm not quite ready to give up my "finished" stories to a publisher. I'm always changing something or another and developing my characters. At some point I will have to be satisfied, but not sure when that will be. I feel my characters are a part of me. I've lived with them so long, gotten to know them so well. It will be a hard day to part with them. But, I do dream of having a published piece, make a "hit" with something. But I don't want to rush it, because I want it to be awesome when it is "done".
I love to read (mysteries are my favourite and now into culinary mysteries - who would have known they existed?), spend loads of time cooking and collecting recipes, go to gourmet cooking classes, grow vegetables and herbs in my garden, and if I have any time or energy will get into scrapbooking and stained glass.
I LOVE ART baking, make up and writing. I used to spend so much time just painting and drawing but the last 2 years I rarely sit down to do that. I guess I just gravitated toward other things like baking and cooking. I like expressing myself, just not always in ways that people can understand.

I'm so glad everyone has different ways of expressing themselves and came here to share. I've never actually tried out some of the things you all are interested in, but i think I'll give some of them a whirl and see if I'll find a new love lol. :D
I enjoy tinkering with the computers as there is so much to learn, writing poetry also, new found hobby is making necklaces...made about 25 now in last month with natural stones, reading, and researching information.

The interests are varied as in the past I liked cooking (sweet breads/casseroles/home-cooking), making crafts/embroidery/applique/shrink art.  I am reviving my drawing to hopefully expand abilities. It is a talent that I never really developed.

I enjoy looking into spiritual things & the journey of seeking truth!!

:-)))
2
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the creativity and beyond Group

STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.