Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
175363 tn?1200946321

Does any1 else find it irritating that there is an ad for GET PAIN PILLS EASY?

On this forum, most of us (if not all), are trying to kick a pill addiction/habit. Then on top of the page GOOGLE has an ad for GET PAIN PILLS EASY (OXY)!! Does that bother anyone else but me?
I'm im w/d from Methadone, so OXY isn't my poison. I feel for all of you that are trying to be good and have this in their face constantly. Is there any way to have it removed? It doesn't fit in here!!!! Anybody know?
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
You are my hero! Were you defending me? Or is that just how you PERSONALLY feel?
I just felt for a forum such as this that type of ad was ill placed, now I could care less if those ads dance the Marenga in front of me, they are now POWERLESS!
I posted this when I was in full blown withdraw...Hey and by nature I say what I think I don't care who u r or how big u r.
I got a big Mouth, 5'10" skinny brownish red haired girl who has never backed down from ANYONE! I backed down during withdraw thhough, friends, and I am a much better person because I had to face my own LONELY humility.
Isn't withdraw the LONELIEST PLACE TO BE...?
I'm still here for you old friends and new.
email me if u need help and are afraid to speak up...
(my nickname on the forum)@comcast.net. Is that concidered giving out personal info???? Was I clever?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAAHEHEHEHEH!!!!!!!!LMAO!!
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry...but why are you here moose? You are rather rude, and if you do not like the posts we have then I would suggest going elsewhere. Nobody has come to you with their problems. You came here. It amazes me that there are people out there that are so arrogant, and have to stick their noses where they DO NOT belong. Again as I said, NOBODY came to you.
We are ALL here to help each other, your not helping. Go find someone else to judge! God forbid, but maybe some day you or someone you know or loves has an addiction and boy do I feel sorry for them if your all they have for support!

This may not be the site to post this, and I apologize to all of you who are here for real reasons if I have offended any of you.. but this post severely pissed me off!

Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
GEE THANKS< DUDE.
Helpful - 0
No I don't find it irritating.  Take control of your life people!  I've been on and off substances of many kinds and each time I took something or decided to quit was my CHOICE.  Stop expecting the government, a doctor, a website, or anything else to save you from yourself.  Grow up and stop being a victim.  If you want to use or abuse drugs that is your business. Just do it in your own home and stay out of your car.  It never ceases to amaze me that so many people want a nanny to take care of them.  You have a natural right to do what you please as long as it hurts no one else directly.  Sorry to say but that includes self-destruction.  All drugs should be legal and each of us should be mature enough to handle the temptation. Your moral choices are between you and your God.  The all mighty hand of government should butt out!  Also, medhelp.org and its advertizers are not responsible for your behavior.  You are!  Stop the "oh I'm a victim" **** and stand on your own feet.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Dang it! THEY ARE BAAACK. It makes me laugh, now.
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
Yes...it is VERY bothersome that when doing a google search to find help for w/d from hydros (which eventually lead me to this helpful forum) that most of the top search sites are about online consult services.  This is a set-up!!!
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Did you notice that they are GONE??
Helpful - 0
It does not bother me at all-they are usually pretty easy to get anyways. Besides, if you are going to order over-priced pills off the internet, you really are not to serious about gettin clean in the first place.
Helpful - 0
They are all a scam anyway. Anyone who ends up here has been around long enough to know they shut the legit places down a few years ago. These are consult sites. Pay $125 and they will tell you you dont need oxy and send you 30 5mg hydros. Ignore it...like mentioned it keeps this site free.
Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
If enough people complain, maybe they will pull them.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I sent a POST to MED HELP about it. I don't know what good it will do. If I have to I will send a post to them everyday I'm in w/d...
Just put MED HELP in the comment to: field. If enough people do it, maybe they will remove it.
I find that ad to be ignorant and ill placed!!!
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
Lemme tell ya - it hacks me off!  I see it - and think - man, have they got captive audience.

Personally, I have never ordered from those places.  Too chicken.  Plus my old pain doc was pretty liberal with his pills.

What I have found out about those ads - they are exactly that - advertisements.  It pays the bill for this forum.  Kinda like a gambling website ad on a page for gamblers annonmous.

ANYWAY - it is how medhelp pays the bills.  If I'm wrong - please someone tell me - but that is what I understand about these kind of postings......
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.