Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydro's/Oxy

Obviously there are two-ways we start the roller coaster ride that these pills takes us... One being of course the RX... the other is just going for the ride w/paying lotsa $$ to get that feeling that we can do so much more.

After continual use of this stuff...it's just a fact, that you need more, to do the same, and eventually need more to do less..it's a nasty viscous cycle.  

I've been on Vics for 5 years.  Legal 'scripts.  During the last year got some Xanax for "jitters", "panic attacks", "Anxiety" call it whatever.   After doing some reading seems as though a lot of people who are in this cycle wind up in the same place.  I was perscribed .50 of Xanax..I know I stated in another post I was doing up to 4mgs a day, but I never took more than 6 pills  3mgs any given day.   Mostly I did 1.5 mgs to go to sleep.

The bottom line here is this cycle does NOT get better.   I can't even fathom taking 20 pills of anything at one time ... just the thought of that sends my head spinning...but I never thought I'd be doing 2 pills at one time either...but I was.  Of the Vics.   Probably was just a matter of time.

Personally, I don't think there is any way out ... but to stop!

Mistakenly I tried to do the Xanax C/T as well.  Big..HUGE...mistake.  There are some very severe consequences, I am learning to this.   Yesterday, I literally could not functin due to overwhelming rebound anxiety.  It was awful.

I don't know if there is a way to get through withdrawl, regardless of which method one choses, painlessly.  

continued....
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There is help available, as well as options.  

Thankfully, I'm much more clear headed today.  I took some Xanax yesterday, and the anxiety seems to be somewhat alleviated.  But I put myself through hell because I thought I was smart enough to do this on my own.

If I never touch another Vicodin...right now, that's OK w/me.  I hate those pills.   Now I have to find a way to get off the Xanax safely as well.   I'm know I have to seek professional help for this... C/T was a stupid STUPID thing to do.

If you find yourself not being able to control this vice on your own, my whole point is GET SOME HELP and call a Dr., review options, and follow through.

Look at the post on this forum, and how many people are pleaing for help.  I wonder just how many more people there are ...in the same whirlwind who don't know how to get out.

Thanks you guys .. especially to those of you who are making a sincere effort to get your lives back... you don't know how much this forum has helped!

Gip
Helpful - 0
I am so glad to read your post.  I remember a wise woman telling me to "talk with my doctor."  (it was you!)

Granted - different circumstances - but bottom line - there is a lot we can do ourselves - but with all these different chemicals - we do need help.  

There was a post yesterday or the day before - where someone (and forgive me for not remembering who) - said that it is our docs who prescribed - why shouldn't we feel comfortable going back to them and talking with them about where we find ourselves now.  I know it isn't possible in ALL situations - Lord knows I wish I was back with my old doc - and I'd be much more candid NOW!

Please keep us posted on how the xanax situation goes.  You have us all here for support - you have been an inspiration to us all - and I know this current post you have made will make just as big as an impact!

Love ya!
Helpful - 0
Take is slow with zanax.
I have been on Valm. 5mg a day for  ten years. Two years ago I just stopped. Man, I raged at everyone, just wanted to kill somebody. ANYBODY! So I went away and fummed walkng around, fist balled up. I had no idea what the hell was happening, what a mid-life crisis, what? After about two months I thought: could it be the V's? So I asked a Doc. Checked online. Read books on Benso. And yes there is from England a Benso. site. Sure enough many people were going through the same thing. Man I went home and popped a 5mg and do so the next day and the next for about two weeks and evened out then went to my Doc and said how do I get off these  things. He said REAL SLOW. Like months, shave them down to dust. Now Z's are 4 times more powerful then V's. you do the math.
You have come way too far to lose ground now. Cut'em slowely. What does it matter. Unlike Oxy a taper off of them is slow slow but an easy walk.
Helpful - 0
there is a website named labelmesane.com that helps going off benzos. I just ordered it. I tried quitting my klonopin C/T too and almost had a nervous breakdown. Stays in the system sooo much longer than an opiate.
Helpful - 0
NOBODY should ever try detoxing c/t or alone from xanax (or ANY benzodiazopine)!  benzo's and alcohol are the one drug that can literaly DIE from when in withdrawals! you must go to your doctor or a detox center..please nobody try detoxing from benzo's c/t!
Helpful - 0
LOL... NOW YOU TELL ME....

I'm much better today... Tuesday and Yesterday I thought I was going to DIE...

I am fully aware now of the dangers of this..and not that I was using them in a great deal of Qty... but I was using them daily for 9 months.

I can't even put into words how I felt yesterday.

I have Xanax so I will go to Drs to help w/this.   For Today... I'm much better.

Thanks
Helpful - 0
criminal.. you said detoxing can be fatal.. does that include percocet detox. i want to try and do it byself.. do you have any home remedies to help ease the withdrawal
is it safe to do on your own
how long do you suffer the worst of the syptoms

thanks so much so glad i found this site

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.