Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How did this happen? I never knew about 'withdrawal'... now what?

Hello all!

So I have been taking Lortab 10/500 for roughly 2.5 months now.  I just had a spinal surgery 2 weeks ago to alleviate the pinched nerve and I have been taking 5 to 10 a day at most.  

3 days ago, the pain was bearable so I completely stopped taking the meds.  Later that day I went through hell, and now...

Here I am.

My legs want to run a marathon, I am having cold sweats, I feel like I have the flu, any muscle cramp in my back becomes crippling, I feel like i have to constantly stretch every muscle in my body yet it does nothing, I cannot sleep, my stomach burns like hell (ulcer?) and I am afraid of how long this will last.

I have read about the Thomas' Recipe yet i found no ingredients.  If anyone has this recipe, advice on how to alleviate these symptoms or dietary suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all in advance!

TrackStar

7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My lord! You hit the nail on the head of what I been trying to explain as far as some symtoms when I try to lay down, or sit still.

You said it exactly! My legs feel like they want to run a marathon!

I agree with everyone else who has responded, as I am new to all of this myself I can't be of much help in giving you any suggestions to as what may or may not work for you.

All I can say is, that we are all here for just about the same reason. And..everything you have said as far as your symtoms are all the same as I have going now as well. However, I have deicded not to go Cold Turkey..b/c I personally cannot handle the symtoms. I am tapering right now until I can get into dr on Monday. But..read on..read the many many posts..you will bve suprised to see others posts, that you swore you could have written yourself! Lots of great info here, an enormous support group as well. Before I found this site..I had NO guts to try and quit the vicodin...none whatsoever. I was scared for one, the other part of me probably just didn't want to, figured I would do it when I was ready, the list goes on and on. I kept telling myself I will back off these, but that's all I did was say it. Then I came here, and was totally in awe. The more I read here, and starting venting my own dilemma... Everything became more and more clear to me. I thank god and everyone here I found this site, because I am not actually taking the steps I need to, to make this horrid nightmare go away. This time I am actually serious, and have hope I can do it. Not quite the same story as you, but the withdrawels I can totally relate. This is the first time I have ever just up and said no more vics...I went 24 hours and of course broke down and took a half of pill. However, the personal dose I prescribed to myself (sigh) was 8-10 pills a day. Within what? A week I have actually seen the light. After 3 years. This sucks, it is horrible. But as I am reminded so often of is...every day w/o is another day closer to being me again.
Sorry for blabbing, but I just cannot say enough about the people here, and the help they give. I hope you find the help you need, and everyone of us is just a couple types on the keyboard away!!!!
GOod Luck to you, and welcome to the site!
Helpful - 0
OOPS..TYPO IN MY LAST POST:
"I am not actually taking the steps I need to, to make this horrid nightmare go away"..
I meant NOW, did not mean "NOT".

REPHRASE:
I am NOW actually taking the steps I need to.

Had to make sure that was clear.  :-)
Helpful - 0
Thank You!
Helpful - 0
here's a link to the one i read.  you have to go down about 3 posts
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/addiction/messages/30849a.html
Helpful - 0
no problem.  a lot of us on here have used the thomas recipe, whole or parts of it.  the main thing is that you get the vitamins your body has been depleted of, and maintain hydration.
i am on day 16 of withdrawal.  i feel much much better and only take zinc, a multi, and something to sleep.
good luck
and god bless
Helpful - 0
Day 16?!

were you on the same stuff as me?

what do you take to sleep?

Thank you so much!
Helpful - 0
first off, i love your screen name.  do you really run or is it a reference to the marathon legs?
you know, i've heard that quote so many times in the last 3 weeks.  orangefyre said it first to me i think.
she's usually on here.  
anyway, i was on methadone.  i weaned down from about 80mgs to 9 mgs on the last day i dosed.  it was a 5 month period in my life, and the w/d was quite horrible.  i've started a really nice mental blocking of the days i begged jesus just to end it all for me.
i sleep b/c i take my body to the limit, and i have a routine i adhere to exactly.  if i break from my little plan, then it's almost amusing the way it bothers me so hard and so fast.
i swear to god, i think the best thing we, as a group, can do is get out of the house and get blood pumping through our addled bodies.  work up a little sweat and let the endorphins take you away.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.