Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Me again....

Hey....I chatted with Vicaddict last night but anybody is welcome to answer...(post from last night "my Hubby has me scared" if you want to get the backround...)

Ok, so after our chat last night I decided to not take anything at all today.  I last took 1/2 a 10mg at 11:30 pm last night.  I woke up, got out of bed and went through the day.  Let me tell you....I am in pain....

Ok, I don't think I am having W/D symptoms.  I am very tired, but I did have have a busy day.  I guess honestly my energy level has not been what it usually is, but other than that i am fine.  No anxiety as some of you mentioned or sweats or jerking...I really want something right now but only because I am hurting.

So, what would you do?  Go ahead and take something to ease the pain or wait until the morning?  I just don't know.  My husband has me so worried I am becomming addicted...but I don't want to hurt for no reason...especially when there is something that will help!!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Most of us start out with Legitimate pain.  If you are not experiencing W/D symptoms other than being tired... this is a good thing.

I'm not a Dr... and I don't know your level of pain... I have pain too...but my body and my head really need a break from this world of pills I was getting myself into.

If you are here and seeking help, maybe you need a break.   Withdrawl is going easy on you ... maybe a week or so away from your drug of choice will help you evaluate your pain level.  Keep in mind that withdrawing causes pain...in your bones and joints as well.  Takes a few days for that to calm down.

As I said, I don't know your usage.. and I don't know why you are taking your pills...taking a break from this stuff won't hurt a soul.   Especially if you are feeling nothing but tired.

Take Care
Gip
Helpful - 0
Hey hun..glad to see you back!! Sorry to hear you are in pain though.

WHat is it your prescribed again? Also..how much of what you are prescribed do you take? If I remember correctly you don't take more than your prescribed if not less.?

I also agree with Gip...but like I said in my last post? I would definately talk to your Dr. also and see what they think. I am certain that they  have an alternative to what you are prescribed now. Specially if becoming addicted is a concern. I wish I had saw this forum looong before I started on the vicodin. You have no idea sweety.

Let me know how you are doing ok?

Blessings
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.