Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

12 Hydrocodone (narco a day) from the pain doctor

Im new here but have been lerking and reading i see a pain specailist and i am priscribed 12 narcos a day and some times thats not enough i have been doing this for 3 years now and i ca feel it takeing it tole on me,but if i dont have them i cany move a mucle,no life at all, what i want to know is how long will she keep me on these ? I have what they call fibermyalga
I know thats not spelled right but im sure you know what i meen some days are worse than other depending on the weather, some days i only do 8 to ten pilll witch leaves exstra by the time refill comes along yeah right and some days i take up to 20 pills
narco 10/325 i know that alot should i ask for somthing stronger so i am not takeing so many or just keep doing what she prescibe?
i wish there was another alternative for the pain i hate these pills, but what can i do i know if i dont take them i am sick as hell even if im not in pain i still have to take to keep from being sick.
i lead a normal life now work 40 aweek raise two teens by myself
any adice would be nice!!
thanks
dishy
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Xodol 10/300 is out too now.Can't wait until 20/100-I wish.
Helpful - 0
I truly understand your situation. I have been through 2 spine surgeries and still hurt like h---. I wish so much I had listened to what  I had been hearing for years, "don't let anyone cut on your back, it's never the same". Each person who told me that was 100% right. I've been on pain medications for 8 years now and don't forsee getting off of anytime soon. I possible (DOUBLE HELL NO) will need another surgery at a later date per my surgeon. I trust you saw how I felt about that. I only take 4 ES Vicodin day,that takes the  edge off of the pain. Luckily I have a doctor that understands my pain and doesn't treat me like a drug addict, oh yeah, he and I have had that conversation before and when he realized how p----- I was he aplologized.

If you haven't taken any advice from, I urge you to PLEASE listen to this.  You're on roller coaster ride with your medication. Take it only as prescribed and at the same time each day. I take mine when I'm not feeling my worst....always maintains my control. Once you start taking more that prescribed, you run into one problem then another and boom,  you are ADDICTED. I'm still a young guy who has lost just about everthing in my lifr because of abusing my meds. I learned to take them a presrcibed. Some things in life you can't recover.

Best wishhes.
Helpful - 0
149087 tn?1258453820
Oh man, I know exactly what you are going through. I too have fibromyalgia and I too take norco 10/325. I take no more than 8 per day. I also take avinza twice a day. They tell us to stretch and exercise but it is so hard to do when you cant move, isnt it. I have been diagnosed for about 3 years now and I am still struggling with it. I absolutely hate this ****, its taken my life from me, and I hate taking meds. But its a catch 22 if I dont take my meds, I can not get out of bed because the pain is so bad. There is this one med though, its an over the counter one. It is called legatrin PM. If you have pain in your legs this will help it some, but it may also make you tired, so take it when you dont have anything planned. If you would like you can add me or email me at ***@****. That way we dont **** gip or cole off.

Hang in there I know the pain you go through and it is not fun by any means.
Helpful - 0
If you want and alternative to pain pill you will need to go to a person that is into alternatives.  i.e. apk, or accupuncture.  Oxy will crush your pain but is only a step in the same direction.
Helpful - 0
If you take more than 12 you'll wreck your liver in no time.  You can only have 4000 mg of aceteminiphen a day more than 12 norco will for any length of time will stress your liver.  Taking the recommended dose of aceteminiphen for a prolonged time can cause liver stress over the course of 10 years.  Google this and you will find the studies.  My girlfriend had what you did.  We saw and applied kinesiologist (very alternative).  Compeletly changed her diet.  If it could be kept in the panty she did not eat it.  Never had a problem since.   I would drink lots of water and start a vitamin regimen.  Taking the norco for 6 months.  I had to have 2 root canals done.
Helpful - 0
I have tryed the oxy and all i can do on that is sleep no way i could do my job doing those i would end up looseing a finger or arm. i can at least function on the narco and no way on morphine very sick from that.and oh yes side starts to heart when i do more than recomended
mostly when i work i do more. on weekends when not working im i have had it down to as many as 6 but any less i really get sick ,like i getting shock treatment i make sure i have enough to keep me from being sick because i over did it one time and had to buy from streets and at 5 dollers a pill that will not happen again
I could not beleave that but i had to pay 20 dollars or go threw shock treatment again ,, no way
please bare with me im sure some of you have had this thought
but then i thought if i had 5 dollers for every pill i ever did ,well you know what i mean
i know what you are all going threw who are try to get off them
i feel and pray for you all.
i really like these forms guess im a addict never relized it before readying everyones horor storys
good luck to you all who are not in pain anymore and are trying.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.