Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To my helpful friends.....Thank You, read everyone please!!!

Hey everyone, I've been trying to post, my computer was messing up!!! I just really wanted to thank you guys so much for all of your support!! There are so many wonderful people on here!!! I did want to let everyone know, and I thank you's for this as well, my whole boyfriend issue, since he's read this site, he's been SOOOO much more supportive!! I think now that he's heard stories from other addicts, he understands what's going on more, you know what I mean!! So thank you for that!! Oh yea, Creek....I was reading through some of our old posts to one another, did you think I was saying he throws things in my face as if I were talking about objects? I was meaning verbally (when he said he'd take my daughter) Which honestly, I think I needed that, I think that's what helped me get my sh*t together, cause more then anything, I am afraid to lose her! And I am starting to feel really good about myself, my monitorings at work for the past 2 weeks have been at 100%, which means I was eligible for my bonus (and I made more money, I made $1.75 extra an hour for the hours that I have worked) YaY!!! I kept telling my b/f that I wanted the old me back, cause the old me got me in this **** in the first place!! So I am creating a new me, this addiction is only making me a stronger person, I am conquoring this thing! Yesterday, I joked and laughed with my man, we played with my daughter together, he is asking me for permission to play his video game now (he he) And he is giving me my personal space now, he said that he needed to find out what was going on with me, he always seems to know
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
good for you Iam happy to hear things are going well for you and your family, I guess if he asks its ok lol
Helpful - 0
Whaaaa Whoooo!

Sounds TTTTTTTTTTTTT-rific! Glad to hear he has come around and found out how tough it can be. Better to be part of the solution, than part of the problem anyday!.
Helpful - 0
I'm glad to see that you have turned a corner.  With you house in order you will function better.
Helpful - 0
Yea your right!!! But you know, thank goodness for this site!! I did slip, but if it weren't for this site, then he would have probaly never found out and it could have esculated again, and it just made it better that he got to hear others stories as well as my own, so now I think he does truly understand as much as he can(cause he'll never FULLY understand unless he goes through it) but he has been so much more understanding and loveable since he has read this site! I think now (which i'm not sure) he may come on to read it, just to hear what we have to say (and to probaly check in on me LOL) just in case I do slip he could have a better understanding why). Today, I did have that temptation there, and where I cash my paychecks at is also in that urban neighborhood I used to live in that has those evil pills, and I pulled out a pic of my little girl and think of how I grew up, and the things my mom put me through, and it pushed that feeling right out of my system!!! I felt so strong after that!! Yay for me, Yay for us!! there are so many here that has progressed so well, and theres more joining to help themselves as well!! WE ARE SOLDIERS IN THIS WAR, WE ARE NOT LOSERS!!! SO LETS CONTINUE TO FIGHT AND GET OUR LIVES BACK!!! Thanks Again everyone, you guys are wonderful people!! I know alot of you's are to hard up on yourselves and think your not good people but to me, you's are heroes!!!
strictly me
Helpful - 0
Well, if that didn't make all of us smile and feel warm inside I just don't know what will. That's great sweetie. I am so happy for you and your family. I truly believe it is hard for people who don't experience it for themselves to understand it (anything). It reminds me of something. I can remember 10 to 13 years ago sitting at my moms watching Jenny Jones talking to these ladies through the TV saying if my b/f or husband hit me I would leave him so fast. Well, I said that because it was foreign to me. Would you know 5 yrs. later I would be sitting in that same seat feeling trapped, scared, and that I could just change him into a kind and loving person. Yeah right that didn't work. Plus it took me 5 1/2 years to leave his sorry as*. So, my point is that I thought those women were dumb and crazy until I went throughout is for myself did i UNDERSTAND. Just alit something to think about. Anyway I am happy for you and others. I hope EVERYONE will continue to grow into the persons we ALL want to be. With all my love, Heather
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.