Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help W/D's are getting so bad

i was taking percocets about 12-15 a day and about 120mgs of oxycontins 4 times a day. I started 2 days ago, i cut myself to 80 mgs 2 times a day and cut out the percs totally. I am now in full w/d's even though i am taking the 80 mgs am & pm only none in the day. maybe i am just trying to go to fast???
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I tapered off patches and percs for 3 weeks before I stopped completely.  I still had wds but was able to work and function with aspirin and caffeine.  I used the percs to get off the patches and then tapered the percs.

It works...

Guy
Helpful - 0
Hi
I did the same thing, but I went waaaaay too fast. From like 3 x 80 a day to 80 then to 20 then to 5 then to 2mg. 5 mg day was quit day as the w/d came on hard and fast. Tomorrow is day 4. I felt so bad today I thought I would not make it - and I spent three days in bed, with two small children, a business, and a job (a food shop catering biz talk about stress!). I knew I needed to cope this weekend with three weddings, brides don't give a care how I feel. Anyway..went to my doc. Told him. He gave me tylenol 3 and some mild antianxiety. I took about 4 of the t3 today, which are way way way lower than 240 mg of oxy a day!! but they helped me over the hump. I actually feel pretty good. The last two days were freaky as hell. The nausea. No idea. wow. No loose bowels though. Hmm. Anyway, I plan on taking as few T3 as possible but no more oxy. If I have w/d from taking 1-2 T3 a day in a few weeks, it won't be too bad. You'll make it. I did, I am, and the more I go, the more I want to go. YOU CAN DO IT!!! a few days of discomfort - major mind you - will be worth it. please let me know if you need to talk. I'm on this all nite. The first three days the warmth of the laptop on my belly helped the aches. ha ha. Please, keep posting!!
Helpful - 0
I hate these pills but i do need something for my pain. Im going to try to get down to where its like the doc put me on 4 oxy a day and cut out the percs completely, they are just like the vicodans just different canadian name.But im not giving up no matter how sick i get, im going to do this. I want to be where if i need one i can take one and not  the 4 a day of the oxy he prescribes just 1. So im trying really hard, alot i read in here scared the poop out of me. But like i said i do need pain meds. I have degenerative disk disease, osteo arthritus, and constant migraines... which are not brought on by the meds. because i used to get them constantly. When i can just take the one when i need it then i reached my goal. I was hooked on valium before i was taking 4-10mgs 4-5 times a day. I went through w/d's with them and omg i think they scared me to take them as i was supposed to. And i think that is whats happening with the pain meds also. Because im not craving. I actually feel sick thinking of even taking them.Thanks for the info, and i know i can do it, i have read on here everyday and watched you people come off so i can too. But not totally just the 1 when i need it. I want my life back, and my self esteem. My family means so much more to me than a stupid little pill thanks again-Tweety
Helpful - 0
I dont thin k your going to fast, unless you want to drag it out.

I was doing 150mg ms contin, and 2 norco 10/325's every 4 hours, and went c/t. (cold turkey)

Sure the withdrawals hurt, but if you just stop, it will be over sooner, than later, and all dragged out over a certain amouint of time.

If you want a more painless way, then just cut off the the faster acting ones, like every 3 days lower the dose until you no longer are on them.

Then start tapering down the longer acting ones, same way, about every 3 days.

It really depends on how many you have, if you can get more, and if you want to quit really.

Im pullin for ya
Allen
Helpful - 0
I would maybe..and this is just me..you do what you feel you need to. But my suggestion would be to maybe take at least one perc a day to help through the worst. I am not any good with info on the perc..I only know about the Vics. But I can not imagine being on a dose that high, and then on a seperate drug to boot and trying to eliminate both at the same time.

I would not be able to do it, but if you are ok with what you are feeling and can stick this out hun by all means do so. Otherwise like I said if you were taking 10-15 percs in a day on top of this..and down to ZERO now..it may be worth it to just take 2/day. One in morning, one at night. I mean 2 vs 10-15 is a huge accomplishment in itself.

Let me know how you do! Prayers your way!

Tracy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.